'Just the two of us'

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crotalid

Reaction score
My male and female Gaboon, looking pretty cute together if I may say so!

together5.jpg

They are nice! Wow they would be easy mistaken for autum leaves!

wow those are some beatiful gaboons
lol i'd hate to cop a bite from one of those:shock:

Beautiful snakes - Gaboons are one of my top ten fav, and i don't really know why, vens usally scare me to death ( that and croc's, come across a spider and girly scream) i need to work on -.-
Fatal Attractions: Gaboon Viper Kills Its Owner : Video : Animal Planet - Love the stories
Anyways i'm rambling,
Amazing animal <3

I girly scream with spiders........lol. You have no idea how scared I am of spiders and this like crickets/locusts etc!

Thanks :) I think it's because Gabs don't look as 'angry' as most venomous, they've got quite a sweet looking face - I think anyway lol.

I girly scream with spiders........lol. You have no idea how scared I am of spiders and this like crickets/locusts etc!

Thanks :) I think it's because Gabs don't look as 'angry' as most venomous, they've got quite a sweet looking face - I think anyway lol.
I'm with you on that one. Put me in front of any venomous snake or even a large constrictor and ill be fine. Put a spider on my back and I freak out like a girl. Incredible snakes and great picture. I can't wait to get mine. Only 500 more hours working with my mentor till I can get my permit.

These are so gorgeous; some of the colours they come in are amazing. What sort of an enclosure do they live in? Are they generally aggressive, or passive until annoyed? How old are they? Sorry for all the questions, but the fact that you OWN these blows my mind. Please keep posting pics because you international members are the only chance we really get to see these kind of beauties that are actually owned by real people.

These are so gorgeous; some of the colours they come in are amazing. What sort of an enclosure do they live in? Are they generally aggressive, or passive until annoyed? How old are they? Sorry for all the questions, but the fact that you OWN these blows my mind. Please keep posting pics because you international members are the only chance we really get to see these kind of beauties that are actually owned by real people.

Thank you! They will look even better once their head has gone a pure white colour.

Their enclosure at the moment is just a plastic tub with soil and lots of leaf litter. They are housed separately, I will take a pic tomorrow. There isn't much else you'd do for a Gaboon, in the wild you'd find them in leaf litter etc. They're inactive pretty much all the time, but they make up for that in looks. I'm not really one to get enjoyment out of an active snake anyway, doesn't bother me whether they move around or not.

Gaboons generally are really passive unless you aggravate them, or if they're shedding. In the 10 months I've had mine, the male has never struck at me, and the female has struck at me twice (once in shed). But I still treat them the same as any other venomous snake.

They're 10 months old, female is around 1.2 ft and male 1 ft or so.

Don't apologise for asking questions, I'm not like that :). Il answer your questions all day lol, that's what a forum is for.

Do none of the Zoo's in Aus keep Gaboons?

I'm with you on that one. Put me in front of any venomous snake or even a large constrictor and ill be fine. Put a spider on my back and I freak out like a girl. Incredible snakes and great picture. I can't wait to get mine. Only 500 more hours working with my mentor till I can get my permit.

It's the way spiders move!!

Good luck with your permit dude, you looking to get rhinoceros or gabonica?

Gaboon Vipers are AWESOME!!! I've always loved that wicked pattern on their backs :D You have a stunning M/F pair :)

Fantastic Photos mate. How to do manage to get so close for the good photos without them doing the typical Gaboon gesture of "go away"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back