Just thought i should introduce myself

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BONSAI

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So, thought its about time to come clean. My names Bonsai and Im new around these parts,been stalking the site for a while, ever since this strange snake obsession came over me a few months ago,im 26, from melbourne, photographer, piecer, performer, Bonsai artist and animal fanatic, got scorpions and bird eaters, my trusty sidekick dog GHETTO <red>, chickens, fish galore, breeding rabbits and as soon as my freakin license arrives, a new snake!!! covered in tatts, 33mm stretched earlobes, stretched septum and multiple facial rings, okay ill shutup,im going to need a heap of info in the coming weeks,although i just got 7 new books on snakes and keeping them!! But bound to need more, Thanks, be seeing ya.

by the way my dogs red heeler-staffy cross-for some reason it just came up red, which he is.but anyway...

:shock: i have a red heeler too but mines crossed with a pitty :oops: , shes spose to be a working dog but shes useless for that she prefers to hide from tha cows :roll:

:lol: :lol: anyways welcome to the site mate :lol:

Welcome Bonsai. I've noticed your name in the list. I love bonsais, but am not brave enough to get one. I'm not very good with flora :(

Welcome mate beware and be ready to duck at all times. But if you need any information feel free to ask, books are only sem usefull in my opinion for keeping animals,

i know greenwillow,they are the hardest things in the world require alot of attention,to much,always get my mates to look after them when im away and when i get back they are always dead.... :(

yeah, and i dont go away as much anymore,went through a period of travel,itchy feet all the time,but settled down now,especially with all me critters to care for!!

Thanks Mayo,yeah i agree,all my books have slightly to massively different info on all the same topics,i guess with some hands on,books and asking questions ill get enough to kick start my new obsession.

Welcome Bonsai :)

My grandmother did Bonsai when she was rehabilitating from her Nervous Breakdown- it helped her a lot- she has some very lovely ones! Just goes to show- there's a fine line between madness and genius!

Marie.

Hey,do you think a black/gold jungle is bad choice for a first snake?? i have a tall glass fronted enclosure thermo controlled and fluro tubed at the top,become a bit obsessed with these most beautiful snakes,i handled one the other day who was a bit bitey,but so beautiful!!

The problem I find with python books is that the information becomes outdated so rapidly as new research is done.

Marie, I found origami to be really relaxing and meditative. And unlike a little mini tree, you can't kill a paper crane!

Hey Marie,i know alot of people whos grandmas are into the Bonsai,its kinda funny im into granny hobbies,when i lived up north i produced some beautiful Bonsai strangler figs,my mum keeps them up in QLD for me now,they only about 10 years old (pot age), probably double that in true years,they are so amazing!!

If you post a pic or two of the enclosure Bonsai, I'm sure one of our Jungle Experts could point you in the right direction!

I agree with Willow about the books becoming outdated quickly- information moves so quickly these days with the internet and all.

GreenWillow said:
And unlike a little mini tree, you can't kill a paper crane!
I've not done Origami- but I bet I could kill the paper crane! I suck at making paper planes that fly!

Paper planes are such disagreeable things. They NEVER do what you want them to do :roll:

I think Bonsai are remarkably amazing. I used to watch my gran 'make' them- they were just stunning.

She gave a lot away, as she did it pretty much for the relaxation and my grandad woulda flipped his lid if they'd kept them all!

I've always wanted one, but I have cats, and I'd be scared they'd chew it, or maul it to death!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back