Juvenile lace monitor feeding?!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
crawled into your tent lol unlucky mate

im not treating my lace monitor like a puppy, if it ends up keeping a wild temperament so be it I'm happy to keep it as an outdoor 'aviary' animal. Trust me, i know first hand how dangerous they can be, i have had 8 stitches on my leg due to a lace monitor bite (it crawled into my tent and found itself cornered). I'm happy to take constructive criticism, thats why I'm here! just the manner of some responses make me feel rather stupid and clueless when I'm definitely not, tis all.

Anyone who has been on the forum for any length of time will have seen a thread or two about monitor bites. Jamie's blunt reponse was only to make you sit up and take notice, not meant as a personal attack on you. The last thing we all want is for someone to get bitten, when they haven't received the correct advice from shops or breeders.
Your shop experience doesn't surprise me, but the advice from the Penrith expo is disappointing. Never be frightened to ask a question on here, there will always be someone that has the right info for you. We just get a bit passionate sometimes.

I understand, and i am already aware of all the temperamental related things he said. Thank you, i won't and i think ill post here from now on. The good news is i just managed to fix my issues. ill post a photo. This is a custom 2m monitor tank i built during my final year of high school for my future lacie which i now have. the hot end (top left) is easily 50c and cool end (top right) is directly under a large air vent and remarkably cooler. she has also since pooped and ill be sure to only feed her 3x a week now :) i will attach a few photos.

- - - Updated - - -

Snapchat-4609988043281588370.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Snapchat-82336569790632369.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And dont worry, I will buy a nice big hide to put in the bottom left ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back