Keeper Bitten By Adder (Vic)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well according to the first page I got from Google, his initials are JD. I know he's a well respected member of the community, and of this forum. I wish him all the best for his recovery.

Thats who I thought it was, especially talking about adders, no doubt the RH previously mentioned will be getting on his soapbox again.

All the best with the recovery.

I was chatting to my wife who had the TV on in the background and John's (aka the Turnip) picture came on the screen as part of a news bulletin. Because she was chatting to me she did not hear the spiel.

Must be a slow news day. Presumably by the 6pm bulletins it will have escalated to the point where he is at death's door. But the 6:30 manufactured pretend news John will be being interviewed having been resurrected from the dead, claiming it was only a minor flesh wound ... but the pull through will be pointing out that that was what the Black Night said in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.....

haha no alledged about it, his name is published in the news story.

If only he'd disconnected the electricity to his house he'd be safe =(

I 'd like to hear the story from the 'horses mouth'. Not to criticise but as further learning about how these bites can occur.
An honest account of what was being done at the time, was there distraction, complacency etc.

Glad to hear your ok and live to tell the tale.

I just read an article with the heading "Death adder almost kills a man" and says he is INCREDIBLEY lucky to be alive.
Some times they are so extream I would like to actually hear from John what happened

poor sdaji! (John)...I know all too well how the papers like to print hyped up mis-guided information..I'm glad he's okay! poor bugger

Its a shame that there is such hype over it, unfortunatly groups like RSPCA love to get hold of this to push for the banning of certain animals.

He is fine and happy, no antivenom needed and no hallucinating. It was just a baby that got him.

Very glad to hear he's alright, seems like a lovely bloke.

Stories like this do not bode well for keepers as they will inevitably lead to a tightening of what we are allowed to keep. There is a view amongst friends who I believe are in the know that it is just a matter of time before keepers in Victoria will no longer be allowed to keep venomous snakes. Every incident like this brings this day closer.
As long as it isn't NSW.

Why does stuff like this have to reach the media? Disgraceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back