Keeping 2 Snakes in the same enclosure?

Discussion in 'Australian Snakes' started by balthazar, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. balthazar

balthazar Not so new Member

My partner and i are looking at getting another Bredli. We have a male ATM and want to get a female to breed down the track. Just want to know how well they go together in the same enclosure and what are your experienceis in doing so

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  2. Snake-Supplies

Snake-Supplies Well-Known Member

Nobody can answer with 100% certainty.

Just because someone has had no problems doesn't mean you wont.
    Just because someone has problems, doesn't mean you will.

IF you want to breed, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

3. JrFear

JrFear Very Well-Known Member

im currently keeping both my bredli together both yearlings male and female with no problems! there in a 4x2x2 but we they get abit older ill be seperating! just makes sure u keep them full and feed seperatly!

4. NuKL7

NuKL7 Not so new Member

What Josh has said is true,different cases end up differently because not all snakes are the same. Some may be more dominant than other etc.

From what i have read up on APS though, keeping two snakes together is not encouraged since some snakes take dominance and will take over the prime basking spot in the tank, leaving the other sometimes stressed to the point of no eating. The main concern is however, if you do not feed or snakes well enough (you may think you are but they may feel hungry all of a sudden) then they can eat each other and may both die as a result.

These are the reasons that i know of as to why you should not keep your snakes together but i am no pro so some breeders may say i'm wrong and by all means take their word for it but as i said this is the info i have gathered from APS forums.

Oh also, if you wanted to breed them it's supposedly more successful if you separate your snakes untill they are ready to breed. :D hope i helped in some way and GL with the other bredli, these snakes are awsome

5. Timmy-Morelia

Timmy-Morelia Well-Known Member

two weeks ago i put my male black and white with the other black and white male and i have had no problems

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.