Keeping multiple shinglebacks?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinobot

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I know all the rules and best practise for Blue Tongues, I do and always have kept them separate but the rules for shinglebacks seem to be slightly different, are you able to keep a male and female together in an enclosure say 4x2x2 year round or only over the breeding months?

I tried to find the info online but there doesnt seem to be a bunch of info for Shingles

Cheers

shingles just like bluetongues can do great in prs or groups,at the same time just chucking any old adults together can result in animals not getting along,that house singley rule is a safety measure,observation usually tells you if u need to separate them

ive never had to separate shinglebacks

I have 4 living in harmony in my dining room, mostly they get along without any issues, but a few weeks after they come out of brumation the girls get a few bite marks (obviously mating, not fighting, i plan to seperate them for 4-6 weeks at that time next season since i dont want babies)

Not sure how they'd go in a smaller enclosure tho, the dining room is about 3x4 metres with lots of places to escape each other. I have mostly read that they do alot better in groups than blueys.

I have a male and female living together in a 4ft enclosure in the lounge room and they get on fine and love curling up and sleeping together. You barely ever see them apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back