Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfcop24

Very Well-Known Member
Banned
Reaction score
Firstly.... A huge thank you to Mudimans And Fuscus for coming along......

It may not have been a huge turnout , but at least we may have started something.....

Not Great on writing a story, but basically we chatted, had a few drinks... Did a lil bit of Bush walking/Herping.. And enjoyed nature with some enjoyable company....

If you have not been to Kenilwoth before, which I havent... It is very nice... Close to several National Parks... So you have a good choice of where to go.... And, oh... The mary River... was sooo Refreshing once you got in...

When we went to Booloumba falls, we saw a few lacie's, Skinks, Green Tree Snake and a Roadkill Marsh Snake ( Thats what I think it was Greg )...

There were a few other Rep's that were spotted when Fuscus and Mudimans went off driving during the night... They might like to add to this... :)

Once again...Thanks to those who turned up :):):):):)

1)... The awesome Slide ( 6 ft drop at the end into the Fresh mary River )
2)... My lil Man enjoying himself
3)... Ammentities... Yes Toilets and Showers
4)... Ah... Rum....after dinner in front of the Fire... Niiiiice....
5)... All the weirdo's luckily stayed home on the Full Moon.

Last edited:
Few More....

6 )... My Tent and Tarp setup... Very Early morning..... No one else was up.. ( except for Fuscus ).
7 )... Just a lil Lacie :)
8 )... The troop that went to Booloumba Falls ( At the Look out )

Last edited:
On the Friday there was no-one there so I went for a look for tan old mine in the area. I didn't find it but got some frog shots. Rather than go back I did a bit of drive-by herping and ended up spending the night about 100km away. Then on the way back I did a bit of exploring in the Conondale Ranges and ended up in Woodford ( via a terrifying washed out dirt track down the mountain). Did not actually make it back to the camp site until 3 in the afternoon, where I met some very pleasant APS members.
As for herps I saw a coastal, a Fuina durnalli (again), a pink tongue (first ever) , great-barred frogs, Leusure's frogs, over 50 lacies ( most juveniles - around 80 cm - the Colondale Ranges are packed solid wwith them ATM), 2 Gould's goannas, a couple of turtles and a white crowed snake. Also worked out a good herping trip route but more of that later. A trip home via Imbil state forest yeilded nothing. However the trip home reviled a horrifing amount of road kill, over 15 snakes and a lacie.

Attachments

• Dsc_1491.jpg
    Dsc_1491.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Dsc_1501.jpg
    Dsc_1501.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 194
  • Dsc_1508.jpg
    Dsc_1508.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 169
  • Dsc_1496.jpg
    Dsc_1496.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 185
  • Dsc_1518.jpg
    Dsc_1518.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 207
and more. The lacies are brilliantly colored and the Durnalls really wanted a piece of me ( NOTE: only one recorded bite, the recipient had a hard time too).

Attachments

• Dsc_1526.jpg
    Dsc_1526.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 224
  • Dsc_1573.jpg
    Dsc_1573.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 177
  • Dsc_1593.jpg
    Dsc_1593.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 193
  • Dsc_1600.jpg
    Dsc_1600.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 183
  • Dsc_1604.jpg
    Dsc_1604.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 177
Surfcop, thanks again for organising the trip. Was great to meet a couple of APS members and spend a couple of days away.
We didn't get many pics around the homestead, added one from the bunks which were very rustic! Glad we chose camping instead!
On our way home we went though Charlie Moreland camping area (thanks Fuscus) and saw plenty of Lacies, but that was the extent of our herping adventures. Can't complain though, I was happy enough to see them for the first time! :D Hence most of the pics being of them!!

Thanks again guys for a great weekend!

Attachments

• Camping 002.jpg
    Camping 002.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 154
  • Camping 003.jpg
    Camping 003.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 179
  • Camping 004.jpg
    Camping 004.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 168
  • Camping 005.jpg
    Camping 005.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 183
And the others...

Attachments

• Camping 007.jpg
    Camping 007.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 193
  • Camping 009.jpg
    Camping 009.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 177
  • Camping 010.jpg
    Camping 010.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 162
  • Camping 012.jpg
    Camping 012.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 155
Special mention goes out to our little pulsar that did some magnificent off road driving!! River crossings and hill climbs were all part of a day's work for the li'l girl!! She did us proud! :lol::lol:

and more. The lacies are brilliantly colored and the Durnalls really wanted a piece of me ( NOTE: only one recorded bite, the recipient had a hard time too).

I think that's a Cryptophis nigrescens, not a Furina dunmalli. Head shape is wrong and mid-body scale counts are wrong.

:D:):DWoW i love all the photos there all brilliant..:):D:)

thats one evil looking tick on that lacie Mud ( if it is a tick)

I think that's a Cryptophis nigrescens, not a Furina dunmalli. Head shape is wrong and mid-body scale counts are wrong.

I'm pretty sure Slacker is correct. The picture above shows the preocular contacting the nasal, which suggests the animal is not Furina dunmalli but which is consistent with Cryptophis nigrescens.

Stewart

Yeah LauraM, that one had a few ticks on it. And the one in the pic was massive! Wanted to try and remove it but don't think the Lacie would of enjoyed that!

Fuscus,

I'd like to see pics of the other "dunmalli" you found.

Cheers,
Scott

Looks like you all had a great time up there. I really miss living in Kenilworth but it's just too hard living there when you have a teenager cause there's not much for them to do. I love it out at Charlie Moreland with all the lacies about.

Hmmm, Looking at the other photos, you may be right. Defiantly not a F.dunmali but if a small-eyed it was a very stocky specimen ( must live in a good paddock ). And I promised myself not to play with them. I've added a few more photos to help

Attachments

• DSC_1539.JPG
    DSC_1539.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 239
  • Dsc_1548.jpg
    Dsc_1548.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 334
Firstly.... A huge thank you to Mudimans And Fuscus for coming along...... It may not have been a huge turnout , but at least we may have started something.....

My apologies guys for not getting there....I'm very slack I know, my kids gave me heaps! We are just renovating at the moment (my hubby is a carpenter) and he has spent the last two weeks building a wall with an enclosure built into it for my new BHP. He goes back to work today and we just really had to get it finished. Really surprised as to how much time we've spent on it. I think he would have divorced me if I had of said ..... well, we're off camping now - are you right to finish that???? But on the up side, we're nearly finished.

I am disappointed that I didn't get the opportunity to meet you guys, especially since I live so close to Kenilworth. Glad that the weather was kind for you though.

Cheers
Kristy

Attachments

• Jan2009 073.jpg
    Jan2009 073.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 192
  • Jan2009 077.jpg
    Jan2009 077.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 195
  • Dec2008 050.jpg
    Dec2008 050.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 217
  • Dec2008 052.jpg
    Dec2008 052.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 139
Hmmm, Looking at the other photos, you may be right. Defiantly not a F.dunmali but if a small-eyed it was a very stocky specimen ( must live in a good paddock ). And I promised myself not to play with them. I've added a few more photos to help

Fuscus, i pulled one off Mungar Road, Tiaro, just past the bridge that crosses the Mary River. This small-eyed was over a metre long and as thick as my forearm. I will see if i can find some pics but i have found a few around the Mary Region that look like they have been pumped with steroids :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back