'Killer' croc won't be put down

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Published: 14-Oct-08 04:45 PM
Source: AAP via NEWS.com.au

A CROCODILE suspected of killing holidaymaker Arthur Booker in far north Queensland will not be put down.

Read More...

Why not release the one back that ate the man??? I mean... is there any proof that certain one's 'reoffend'? The other croc is probs just as dangerous and he gets to go home? I just always wondered...

How do they know he is the one that killed him?? it is only natural instink to kill (thats just crocs)

Look, I may get reported for this, but personally, I think that it was the guys fault, he knew he was in a dangerous area, he ignored the sign, and a croc did what crocs do, be a carnivourous animal that hunts for its food.
Its sad that he died, but he shouldnt have been such a tool as to ignore a sign saying "Danger, do not go to the water, this area is inhabited by many crocodiles".

look, i may get reported for this, but personally, i think that it was the guys fault, he knew he was in a dangerous area, he ignored the sign, and a croc did what crocs do, eat.
Its sad that he died, but he shouldnt have been such a tool as to ignore a sign saying "danger, do not go to the water, this area is inhabited by many crocodiles".

agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOORAYY!!! Thats a releif. As somebody said already, he was in a dangerous area, Crocodiles have been living there for millions of years, now the government or whatever are saying we should cull em off. Totally wrong.

Look, I may get reported for this, but personally, I think that it was the guys fault, he knew he was in a dangerous area, he ignored the sign, and a croc did what crocs do, be a carnivourous animal that hunts for its food.
Its sad that he died, but he shouldnt have been such a tool as to ignore a sign saying "Danger, do not go to the water, this area is inhabited by many crocodiles".

Absolutely. We have the same issue here with people that will swim where its plainly posted, "DANGER - NO SWIMMING - ALLIGATORS". Then some drunken moron gets an arm ripped off (or worse), they hunt down the suspected offending animal and put it down. It makes no sense to me. They should be putting down (or atleast sterilizing) the human, IMO.

Perhaps a sign saying "please do not feed the crocodiles" would have worked better...

I'm reading a book on croc attacks atm. A majority of the attacks are caused because people feed them and crocs become unafraid of humans. Also population growth inhibits on croc territory so what used to be basking/nesting/hunting spots are now high rises, houses, golf courses and pools. So IMO it's our fault, not theirs

..Wasnt paying much attention to the news on tv y'day, but they were saying the crocodile suspected with the human remains will spent its entire life in captivity.?? something like that....

How do they know he is the one that killed him?? it is only natural instink to kill (thats just crocs)

They do DNA testing on the contents of the croc's stomach.

I don't think they should put any animal down for following it's natural instincts. IMO the man was acting irresponsible and I'm not saying he deserved to die, but if people insist on ignoring the warnings then they have to accept the consequences of their own actions.

You would have to be deaf, dumb & blind, to miss the warnings, everywhere in the far North.
Very sad, but the bloke would have known the risk he was taking, and unfortunately became a statistic.

Checking crab pots is one of the most dangerous things to do in croc territory. For one thing you are puting bait into the water, then you are returning when you hope the bait has attracted animals. If you do not move your pots every time you check them your odds of an attack go up. It only takes a split second for an ambush animal like a crocodile to strike, I have had to check myself a couple of times while fishing in croc area, it can be extremely deceptive when you have not seen any crocs to become complacent.

Realise the croc,we dont go around killing dogs if they bite some1,same as if your walking in the bush and get biten by a snake,we dont go and kill every snake you see,so why should they kill the croc,its only doing what they do,mother nature.I still fell sorry for the family,but hey,he was in croc country...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back