'Killer' croc won't be put down

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we dont go around killing dogs if they bite some1

Actually, if the dog does bite someone and it's considered dangerous it's euthanized like they do with crocs..even if it's not released, I'm just glad they didn't go on a croc killing spree

Realise the croc,we dont go around killing dogs if they bite some1,same as if your walking in the bush and get biten by a snake,we dont go and kill every snake you see,so why should they kill the croc,its only doing what they do,mother nature.I still fell sorry for the family,but hey,he was in croc country...

Uh, sorry to burst your bubble. Dogs are being put down constantly due to some idiot aggrovating it, or for the fact the dog may be mistreated or just in general angry. Either way. Dogs are constantly put down. Sad thing it is.

Sometimes I debate who really is the smarter animal, whether it be humans or something else like elephants. Who knows?

Uh, sorry to burst your bubble. Dogs are being put down constantly due to some idiot aggrovating it, or for the fact the dog may be mistreated or just in general angry. Either way. Dogs are constantly put down. Sad thing it is.

Sometimes I debate who really is the smarter animal, whether it be humans or something else like elephants. Who knows?
Mice!

Perhaps a sign saying "please do not feed the crocodiles" would have worked better...

I'd personally prefer the signs to read something like:

DARWINIAN WATER OF EVOLUTION

THIS WATER CONTAINS CROCODILES
(LARGE REPTILES WHICH PREY UPON LARGE MAMMALS INCLUDING HUMANS)
FEEL FREE TO VENTURE CLOSE TO OR INTO THIS WATER AS
IF YOU ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO DO SO
YOU MAY BE REMOVED FROM THE HUMAN GENE POOL

THE CHOICE IS YOURS

I would leave it up to the individual and if someone went missing, well, it's as the sign says. No need to hunt the animal down, he was just removing someone who decided to take a risk. Life just goes on, at least for the people who didn't go into the crocodile water. It's sad that he died, but the crocodile was just doing what a crocodile does. Hunting it down and killing it is like cutting down a tree after someone climbed it, fell out and broke their neck. When a crocodile eats a person, it's not because the crocodile did something unusual, it's because the person did something unusual.

To those freaking out about the government's response, they are not calling for a crocodile cull. It's actually a very big step for the animal not to be killed, we should praise them for that. I can't recall a crocodile killing someone and the choice being made to let it live.

I'd personally prefer the signs to read something like:

DARWINIAN WATER OF EVOLUTION

THIS WATER CONTAINS CROCODILES
(LARGE REPTILES WHICH PREY UPON LARGE MAMMALS INCLUDING HUMANS)
FEEL FREE TO VENTURE CLOSE TO OR INTO THIS WATER AS
IF YOU ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO DO SO
YOU MAY BE REMOVED FROM THE HUMAN GENE POOL

THE CHOICE IS YOURS

haha hehe so funny but so true ppl can be so dumb

I don't think this man was being foolhardy or taking undue risks, compairing him to darwin award winners is a bit of a leap? It is quite easy to underestimate the dangers, he was not rowing a canoe down a croc-filled river, nor was he swimming in a billabong at night, he was checking a crabpot, at the end of a holiday, complacentcy killed this man, crocs are amazingly good at what they do, they will capitalize on any error of judgement you make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back