Kimberley Endemics Episode 1

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Superba doesn't have any of the folds does it? This is opposed to magna that lacks only the gular fold? Are these just folds of skin?

Superba doesn't have any of the folds does it? This is opposed to magna that lacks only the gular fold? Are these just folds of skin?

What i mean to say is superba is so different, so incredibly slender, that referring to the skin folds for ID is pointless as it is unmistakeable. Theres a bunch of species like D. lallilae, D. bennetti, D. albulabris and D. magna that all vary greatly in colour and are roughly the same shape (more of less). The skin folds are a good way to ID similar Diporophora species. Only D. magna lacks the gular fold, so this is a distinguishing characteristic.

-H

Not at present, to my knowledge. I'm sure some zealous collector has tried for a collection permit at some stage.

-H

Awsome pics, it would be great if these were in the hobby

These are called the Superb Dragons. John weigel of the ARP collected some from the Kimberlies nearly 20 years ago. They had them there for some years, and I seem to remember they had some sucsess breeding them.

yes i spoke to john about them, he said he ended up with only males

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back