"King Skink Attacks Hopeless Dugite"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Australis

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Australis,

I bought my kings as juvs many moons ago for $250 each , and I don't think things have changed much since then . And yes , Egernia fanatics hoard.

Cheers

I'm glad it's not just my 2 that are complete maniacs lol. Trying to top up water or scoop turds out their tank is quite an ordeal.

What a cranky skink!

Are they all like that?
Liked the subject matter but the quality of the filming and the musical accompaniment made me wanna punch someone.:lol:;)

There was another video, Dugite & Lizard on Rotto, showing another person videoing the same thing.

The Dugite is a Spotted brown snake, Pseudonaja affinis, so yes venomous they are venomous

on Rotto they are P.a. exilis.
Egernia kingii are awesome skinks, I lifted some tin one day that was on a steep hill lying across a huge Eucalypt trunk the skink launched of the trunk about a metre of the ground and probably travelled 2 metres because of the decline and just hit the ground running it was awesome to watch.

Last edited:
I think king skinks would be up there on the most down right nastiest herps in the country...love them though

Anyone who likes skinks, will enjoy these videos.

While on the topic of King skinks, what do juveniles
normally sell for on the east coast?

I recently imported 4 yearlings from perth. Even with the export permit cost they worked out about $220 each. I got quoted $250 each from a local breeders for new borns. Have some adults i have had since 2 weeks old and they were nasty then. Much nastier now though, they easily remove chunks of flesh from fingers.

Thats interesting snakeman478, i wasn't sure how feasible that was
not just cost wise, but wasn't sure if collectors in WA would of
wanted to go to the trouble of collecting some of these skinks
compared to how much harder they are to catch than say a
slow python.

Are their cousins the crevice skinks, just as readily available?

Sweet jesus, who filmed this? Micheal j. Fox?!?!?

Although that skink is one cranky bugger hahah, so naturally i want 1 ^_^

Sweet jesus, who filmed this? Micheal j. Fox?!?!?

Although that skink is one cranky bugger hahah, so naturally i want 1 ^_^

I think that is part of their appeal.
The one in the footage (from what I can tell) looked to be a solid shiny black.
Is there much variation in the coloration of these skinks?

Possibly the worst piece of hand-held shooting I've ever seen! At first I thought he/she must have had it at extreme telephoto, which would explain the shakiness, but then when the camera swung around to show the people on the beach I realised the he/she was just a crap cameraperson.

Akwendi, All E. kingii that I have seen (a lot) are more or less black and patternless down to a dark olivey grey/brown, except juveniles that are dark with numerous pale spots which are sometimes heavily contrasting, despite the hundreds I have seen I have only ever managed a few average shots.

1st pic is a juvenile, the pic of the adult is the first time I have seen one on a vertical tree usually they are on or under fallen trees etc.

Last edited:
Thanks for those pics, Steve1!

They even look like they'd have 'tude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back