Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey im a kiwi also, West Auckland born and bred, I have always been amazed how something the size of a reticulated python can move without limbs lol. So I have always wanted a python of decent size to stare at for hours :p

Came over from Marton, half way between Whanganui & Palmerston North some 25odd years ago. Dad was in New Zealand Air Force & so spent time in Hobsonville, Ohakea & Woodbourne. Keep just snakes. Have a pair of blackheaded pythons from Neil & Kathy Sonnemann some 14years now, they are my favorites. Also have Scrubby, Diamonds, Jungle, Olives, Brown Tree's & Night Tigers. The vens collection has come along in the last 6/7 years & have Tigers, RBB's, Copperheads & Death Adders. Gone the lazy option with my elapids & they enjoy their life in outdoor tubs & pits. Pics taken from elapid thread.
December4th20102.jpg
October3rd201122.jpg
PC110132.jpg
October20th201118.jpg
October2nd2011106.jpg
29thNov095.jpg
P1240068.jpg
May4th201112.jpg
July26th20098.jpg

Wow, beautiful elapids and a great set up. I am most impressed.

Waterrat I am jealous, my all time favorite reptile. I know a spot where you may see them in the wild north of Auckland with a bit of luck and patience but I won't mention it here. Last time I found 2 in twenty minutes. In my opinion there seems to be very few good photos of these on the net.

Hi all, Steve here from TV New Zealand in Sydney. I'm looking to catch up with Kiwis who have moved to Australia and fallen in love with snakes. Is anyone keen to show off their collection on NZ TV?
Look forward to hearing from you, Steve

Last edited:
Hi all, Steve here from TV New Zealand in Sydney. I'm looking to catch up with Kiwis who have moved to Australia and fallen in love with snakes. Is anyone keen to show off their collection on NZ TV?
Look forward to hearing from you, Steve

AWWW! That sux! I would have LOVED to have done that!

Hi Steve here, TV New Zealand news correspondent based in Sydney. Am doing a story on Kiwi expats who are keen on snakes. Would you be interested in taking part? Cheers, Steve

yep im another one haha just got the one coastal python, best pet ever

Im in QLD but would definitely be keen

Kia Ora

From Napier. Been in Oz since '91. Just got my 1st snake this year, little female coastal. Never had that fear of snakes. However these abnormally large Aussie spiders scare the hell out of me :p
I have always said I'm like Dorothy in the wizard of Oz "There's no place like home!' NZ is where the heart is :)

Very nice set up there getarealdog.

Hi there yet another kiwi
from christchurch here but live in beautiful QLD now have been here for about 6 years dont have a snake ( not allowed one where i live) andwill have 2 bearded dragons in a couple weeks :)
always loved reps but only ever had common south island geks and common north island geks as a kid :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back