Koala stolen from Australian Reptile Park

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they are everywhere here and we don't want to take them home and cuddle them like a puppy. Most aussies know how hard it would be to keep them and know just how smelly they can be. Tourists, in general don't, and think they would be cute and cuddly. I could have said Yank or Pom but said Jap due to the sheer massive numbers of them going through zoos.

Damn....... we'd better change the chant "Aussie, aussie, aussie" to "Australian, Australian, Australian" so as we are not racist to ourselves, and so we can't take offence to ourselves.LOL :):):) (Note the LOL and smileys)

I am glad to hear that the koala can now get the proper help and diet.

i think people dont realise how much damage they can do! have u seen the claws and they have anice set of teeth to! i have been scratched and OMG did it hurt!! all the way up my arm!! it was prob a group of drunk teens trying to be cool or something!! anyways good to hear that it is all good and back home at the park were they can look after it!!

Not sure how the hell you would manage to steal it? Its just up the road from me and ive been there heaps of times, you have to walk thru a part where there are people at desks and the toy shop to get out, they probs wrapped it up like a baby and put it in a stroller hahaa

Fugawi And Pinoy's topic was a-lot more entertaining then the koala getting a beer, i mean getting stolen :), better put a "lol" in it incase people get offended. . . lol

haha yer elogov thats true haha but nar they did it in the night! were he probs was is like right next to a paddock full of cows and there is only a fence and probs guessing a patato sack or sumthing like that!

there are no cows are the reptile park??

the only thing between a bathtub full of alligator hatchlings and the outside world was a wire fence when i was there... it wouldnt be hard to steal anything from there unless it was locked in a building. a koala tho seriously lol?..
n japs are scared of drop bears as far as ive heard..

yer i now the reptile park dont but the paddock right beside were the koalas enclosures are there is cows and a bull un the paddock!! were old sydney town used to be its know a paddock for cows! exactly there is really not alot to protect the animals aye!! its ridiculous that they dont upgrade since the last lot of animals that got stolen!

Maybe someone wanted to see if they really do taste like chicken. They probably gave up after trying to pluck one of the little buggers. (i'd better put an LOL in here in case I'm taken seriously...................everyone knows they taste more like galah).

yer i now the reptile park dont but the paddock right beside were the koalas enclosures are there is cows and a bull un the paddock!! were old sydney town used to be its know a paddock for cows! exactly there is really not alot to protect the animals aye!! its ridiculous that they dont upgrade since the last lot of animals that got stolen!

How would cattle be a deterrent unless the would be thief had a fear of cows/bulls? They are skiddish as, or cuddly. The temperamental ones can be handled as well. That's the worst security ever, might as well have koalas guarding the koalas.

yer i dont think thats the point of the cattle the next door neighbour has them in there!! by no means is the cattle in there for protection they just in the paddock which the park backs on to!! and i dont work there but i did work experience there for a week and thats how i know! they put all the koalas old leaves in the poddok in a pile! plus we released some spiders and couple vens in there thats how i know about the cattle

Its not the frist time something has been stolen from the park. A few years back kids broke into the park and stole a freshwater croc and let it out on a creek nearby my house. People seen it and reported it to the park. They soon caught and released the croc back in the park.

And for the koala they found it on a box in just outside the carpark in a bin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back