Kreffts issue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Heya guys, yesterday I caught my kreffts boy (3 yrs 3 months) from his new 650L outdoor tub, and he doesn't look too good; very pale in comparison to his usual self. He has a large basking dock, rocks, plants etc to burrow around in his tank, though the tank has turned green from algae (which I'm not concerned about as its in their wild habitat). Is he just pale because he hasn't been out in the sun/light? 5 weeks ago I drove him to Townsville from Brisbane; I kept him dark to keep him calm and kept him moist for the trip.

Summary of background information
- 650L outdoor tub
- Large basking area
- 3yrs 3 months of age
- Drove from Bris to Tville 5 weeks ago
- Diet is the same; Guppies, shrimp, live aquatic plants
- Has a superficial wound on his head at the moment
- Still very active, strong, eating etc.

Concern; he's gotten pale; should I be concerned about this? is it just due to him being shy/scared still from the move, not being used to living outside so he's not basking?

Current actions;
- Using iodine solution on the superficial wound at present
- Broguht him inside in a massive tub; this tub has a large rock in it for him to rest on, river rocks on the bottom. Water approximately 20cm deep so he can right himself if he ***** over. Kept dark and closed in a room so as not to be disturbed.
- Taking him outside twice daily for 30minute intervals (strictly supervised by me) to get him some sunlight

Pictures: before coming to townsville. tank and turtle photos.
22.jpg

12.jpg

Turtedits12.jpg

Turtedits32.jpg

New photos taken yesterday; note that the flash does burn his skin out a bit more/appears even paler.
1-11.jpg

2-8.jpg

3-7.jpg

A picture of his tub, though it wasn't complete when I took this
5-5.jpg

A picture of his new basking dock in process; made exactly the same way as the old one he used frequently in bris
4-6.jpg

ALSO: please note I am also going to ask the guys at the aussie freshwater turtle forum. just wondering if anyone here has seen this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back