Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
luke hurry up with the whites skink pics :)

and for mattmc and froggyboy86 (bit of topic) I am going out to warrumbungle national park for a few days and then I am going to ku-ring-gai after that for a few days, will I have to wash the soles of my boots before I go to sydney or will it not matter?

luke hurry up with the whites skink pics :)

and for mattmc and froggyboy86 (bit of topic) I am going out to warrumbungle national park for a few days and then I am going to ku-ring-gai after that for a few days, will I have to wash the soles of my boots before I go to sydney or will it not matter?

I highly reccommend you clean your boots/shoes before you go to a new site. Especially from the Warrumbungles to Kuringgai. It's not just chytrid fungus that can be transported on shoes but any kind of virus, bacteria or fungus. I'm not sure how much of an issue it is for snakes, but there are diseases in frogs cropping up all the time and its important to minimise the spread.

The Warrumbungles is awesome, there are lots of skinks in the park. Particularly E. saxtilis.

Aaron

Super photo's guys, love the first frog pics and the beardie shots are great. Look forward to seeing more!

Look. To be 100% honest, you should clean (disinfect like frogboy86) after every trip. Your soles of your shoes....nets....equipment...etc. which means if your shoes were submerged...you should completely disinfect it. so what if the site may not have the fungus/virus/disease....you arent to know....so as the old folks say..."BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY"

ok! yea i guess so! my shoes weren't submerged in water or anything but yea!

pics coming up!

ok today wasn't the best but this is what i found!

1) whites skink - Egernia Whitti
2) blackish blind snake - ramphotyphlops Nigrescens

P9271175.jpg

P9271173.jpg

P9271172.jpg

P9271171.jpg

P9271170.jpg

nice shots luke, I can never get focused blind snake pics, it looks massive! cant wait to see what you see tomorrow. I will try get out herping again today or maybe go for a night drive tonight if I can talk mum into it :)

LOL...blind snakes move to much! LOL!!!! yea as i told ya he was pretty big! im going to night in a place where i found a burtons afew years back...hopefully i may find some and some geckos! then im gonna try get my parents ie my dad to take me to kuringai after that so we can try spot some stuff on the roads and off some of the fire trails!

ok heres the stuff i saw today!
1) a few adult lacies
2) what i think was 3 baby sandies...but not sure
3) poor little heath monitor (i'll post story after this!)

monitor tracks
P9291106.jpg

P9291104.jpg

P9291105.jpg

P9291112.jpg

P9291111.jpg

P9291115.jpg

P9291112.jpg

and to think you could throw it at a huge rock :(

Luke

thats awesome, i didnt realise there was so much to be seen,..!!

love the beardy shots!!!

OMG, that heath monitor is stunning!

how could those horrible kids do that! :(

Chris: thats what i keep saying! hes getting alot better...haven't tried to feed him yet..but hes racing around the tank!

ok...as i said i ould post what happened...

i went riding up to kuringai to see if i could find any stuff today...i was walking around all the fire trails and didn't have much luck...i saw some weird stuff bolt off into the undergrowth and was cinda angry about that! anyway i went down one and found all these lacie tracks (as in pic) and then looked ahead...and you guessed it...there he was...he bolted up a tree (as in pics) and then i smelt this horrible stench of dead stuff...turned out there was fox baits in the area and it killed one...i went and burried it so the lacie didn't eat him and die...

anyway the stuff goes on...couldn't find much and felt like getting some air in my face so road down to the park...i knew where some cunninghams were so thought i would go see if i could get a few sots of em...but before i reached there...i saw 4 kids (roughly around the age of 10) and they were throwing something at the rock...i sorta had memories cause i used to do that...but as i looked they picked up the same thing and the little goanna happened to be the victem...ive never jumped off a bike the way i did today...i lept off so quickly my handle bar got knocked out of place and i couldn't fix it until i got home...anyway i raced in and started swearing my head off at the little kids and grabbed the monitor...i was helling so much one of them burst into tears but i didn't care! i took him over to some of the more rock parts and his eyes were rolling back into him head and he couldn't stand...i had a water bottle with me and flushed him with a bit of water...he didn't particularly like that so i drank some then pored the rest out and stuck him in there (it was the only thing i had) and i bit several holes into the bottle so he could breath....and then i had to ride up :| what a flog with the handle bars moving side to side and forwards and so on! it sicked...i stopped roughly ever 10 min to open the cap and let abit more air get into the bottle...i stopped at my friends house cause he had a spare tank and so i dropped him off there then took my jackies out of there enclosure and stuck them in a box and hes in there enclosure!

Cheers,

Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back