Land Crabs?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I use water straight from the tap with the water-safe stuff you put in fish tanks?

Yes you can. Treat them the same way you'd treat a fish, pretty much:)

we put the water in a bucket and leave it in the sun for 2 days to break down the chemicals .

or you can use the water conditioner from the pet shop for the fish .
I will get some photos tonight of the crabs and post them on here

Thanks alot can't wait! I'm really excited to get some haha, hopefully you don't sell out bylo!

PS if I did the transactions today how long do you think it'll take for stuff to get to Brissy?

Hi mate

they wouldn't go out until Monday , and you will get them on Tuesday

crab

I tried to get some pics but the batteries are flat on the camera .
so here is a pic of our site.
I will get some new pics tomorrow

Attachments

• 2007_0504web0008.jpg
    2007_0504web0008.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 47
These look pretty cute, I want to see some pics too!

Really? I reckon (personally) these look much cooler than hermit crabs! I always found hermit crabs a little boring/cliche... These are something different!!

Bylo, do you know their actual names? 'Cause I can't find anything about them anywhere!

Really? I reckon (personally) these look much cooler than hermit crabs! I always found hermit crabs a little boring/cliche... These are something different!!

Bylo, do you know their actual names? 'Cause I can't find anything about them anywhere!
no mate i cant find any info on them , i am taking pics now.

I saw these or some similar on an Attenborough doco. The live in the desert and keep their gills wet from condensation at night by cooling their bodies down in the night air and then returning to their burrows where it is warmer and more humid. It was a while ago that I saw the doco and I cannot remember which state the crabs were from, I think S.A. or QLD

crabs

ok i have taken a few pics of the crabs .
tonight they have turned a red colour .
what do you think

Attachments

• i got crabs 1.jpg
    i got crabs 1.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 45
  • i got crabs 2.jpg
    i got crabs 2.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 43
  • i got crabs 3.jpg
    i got crabs 3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 35
So I assume these don't all attack each other like my freshwater yabbies? I'm sick of replacing them after they are dismembered!

Oh sorry I can see them now! They are so awesome. So they mostly stick to land obviously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back