Large Dedicated Green Tree Python Enclosure with Aquarium

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be looking at the encloser more then the gtp love it

Just a thought.... how would you feel about relocating to Melbourne so I could buy your enclosures without paying freight? :D
Honestly though, it makes me mad how awesome they are!!! I think if I got one right now, I'd just let the pythons have the house and move in there myself. Your enclosures are better than my house.

might i ask how much that one cost as i wouldn't mind getting one from you in the near future.

So the aquarium takes up the entire floor space, right?

So essentially you have to empty it out, scrub it and refill it every time the snake poops or the water will be putrid.

I haven't checked them properly, so I could be wrong, but I vaguely recall something along the lines of built in filter outlets, or some way to hide a filtration system, as well as a drainage point. If you actually kept fish in it, they wouldn't survive too long without filtration, not to mention that amount of water would go stagnant if it wasn't moving. I don't look at the Stein site much anymore, it just makes me sad coz I'm WAY to broke to afford one.... ....But tax time's coming!!:D

looks great,but,1 gastric poo and its all over !!! just sayin..........

Suppose if you fit a desent filter ....... Canister filter possibley, it would filter all the **** out, But not my cup of tea still would have to get a magnetic glass scrubber to clean the glass.
Is the Water Heated ?

These are $1840 and come with everything including pump aquarium filter heater etc. The smaller model with half the aquarium volume struggles with droppings. Will have to see how this one goes with 165 liters. It is 2/3 the volume of a 4 foot aquarium. If it is still not enough we will increase the volume.

Just a little bit of a price tag on them :)

Try building it yoursefl then calculate the time it takes you to do it at say $50 an hour then see how much it costs then? Though your own labour is free but it feels great when something like this just rolls into your lounge room and all you had to do was pay Ben to do a fantastic job and then crack a beer! Its a lovely feeling!

SO worth it for what it is, like all of Ben's enclosures.
Im'a saving baby.
But I also wish him to relocate to Melbourne, that would be fantastic.

$1840 fair price i was expecting $3000-$3500

Just a little bit of a price tag on them :)

There's a lot that goes into these, like the frameless glass and the aquarium,aquarium pump and heater etc etc. I have learnt to crunch these out quickly which is the only reason why I can do them for the price I do. I have kept the prices as low as I can, rather focusing on reducing material costs by negotiating suppliers and buying in bulk, and getting quicker at making them...

YAAAAAAAY it's my enclosure! Really rally fantastic work Ben, it's just the highlight of our living room! :D

In terms of poop, the pump and the water, we are letting it run for a while without any water changes, then we're going to test the PH levels of the water before deciding on fish. That should show us how effective the filter is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back