Last one out's a rotten egg!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

These are from a relocation a month or so back...some beginning to emerge :).

Attachments

• 14.02.2013 013 [1600x1200].jpg
    14.02.2013 013 [1600x1200].jpg
    102 KB · Views: 155
  • 14.02.2013 016 [1600x1200].jpg
    14.02.2013 016 [1600x1200].jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 14.02.2013 025 [1600x1200].jpg
    14.02.2013 025 [1600x1200].jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 14.02.2013 039 [1600x1200].jpg
    14.02.2013 039 [1600x1200].jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 143
its a red-naped snake. anyone correct me if im wrong not a pro with vens

nice IV so these are the guys you found then , what exactly is happening with them , i know you said you where keeping one or 2 but what happens with the rest , are they being released or ....

nice IV so these are the guys you found then , what exactly is happening with them , i know you said you where keeping one or 2 but what happens with the rest , are they being released or ....

Being a licenced relocator in SA, I can legally dispose of these to other keepers, release or keep on my permit. Given the high mortality rate in the wild and the fact that they are locale specific (down to the nearest mm), I figured distributing them to appropriately licenced keepers would be better for them, and the hobby (I personally appreciate locale specific stuff myself- after all, we're not Yanks ya know:)!) Apologies to the American site users. What they wouldn't do to know exactly where their animals came from!

I was a few steps away from one of these guys the other day... It was just outside the back gate.

But I just stood still and let it slither away behind some gas bottles. Kind of worryng that we have two dogs and I've seen three all up (each a different size) though.

I_V - Why does your location say NSW yet you are a licenced SA relocator? Just curious.

Some more siblings:)! First one out came from that mouldy egg in the middle...and I was going to turf it! Tuff little buggers.

Attachments

• Another couple 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    Another couple 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    51 KB · Views: 56
  • Another couple 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    Another couple 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 57
Being a licenced relocator in SA, I can legally dispose of these to other keepers, release or keep on my permit. Given the high mortality rate in the wild and the fact that they are locale specific (down to the nearest mm), I figured distributing them to appropriately licenced keepers would be better for them, and the hobby (I personally appreciate locale specific stuff myself- after all, we're not Yanks ya know:)!) Apologies to the American site users. What they wouldn't do to know exactly where their animals came from!
i actually think i remember you saying something about that on another thread now :) that would be pretty cool to have a locality specific animals that can actually be traced back to the exact spot , not just a general locality like with tanami womas etc

that would be pretty cool to have a locality specific animals that can actually be traced back to the exact spot , not just a general locality like with tanami womas etc

The Tanami's a big place! On some overseas herp forums, one of the commonly ask questions is "where might this animal be from?", usually accompanied by pics and the reality is likely best guess, but no one's really 100% sure. Like plasticine when you mix the colours...it all comes out grey in the end:)!

image.jpg
Found this little bugger while at work.came out infront of me, nearly stood on the poor thing

The Tanami's a big place! !
thats what i was getting at :) where as with your guys you can have them traced back to as you said the nearest mm , thats pretty cool , i wish parks would change their stance on wild caughts , not as in make it a free for all but just so that we can have a few more people like dave from pilbra pythons but scattered across australia so people can get exact locality jungles and diamonds etc if they really want it

Love the Juvie stripes!
Goodluck with them!

Thanks for keeping our local herps safe!

5 out, a few more on the way.

Attachments

• mostly all out 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    mostly all out 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    83 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back