late clutch

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mace699

Reaction score
Hey guys,

last night sammy and i got home to find our MD female sitting on roughly 23 eggs 0 slugs, i will post pics later but just wanted to share how lucky we have been We had completely given up on her being gravid as it had felt like ages since she had mated and the mating was a very late one in the season, in fact as some members where posting about new arrivals and ours had only just bred, i had previously put them together at the start of the season with no luck.when the boy managed to knock over his water tray somehow so i popped him in with the girl while i cleaned the cage the and the water he spilt everywhere. the next day i remembered i forgot to put him back and walked in on them in the act, i gave them some time to be alone and put him back in his cage a few hours later. one of my females who did not breed and the girl who did both put on some rapid weight so i wasn't overly convinced she was gravid. given that we are now mid december you'd probably understand why we had given up on her being gravid. so we are both ecstatic that she laid. i have put them in a vermiculite 50/50 mix in a clump to hold the temp better. candled them all tonight and the ones we could get a candle on all had healthy veins throughout.

yeah couldn't be happier so stoked, its our first year attempting to breed so im glad that so far bar the delay everything else has gone well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back