Latest Change

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
So on hearing feedback from everyone in the forums and via PMs, I have decided that there is no longer a need to be a subscriber or power seller in order to advertise animals or items for sale.

Tonight I'll make the changes to the forums permissions for folks to be able to advertise for free and then start on the process of refunding who has subscribed/upgraded their accounts Paypal payment for the past 12 months.

The classified forums/platform are still a work in process and while there have been a few options, I haven't decided on a platform that would be suitable.
[doublepost=1519547321,1519546585][/doublepost]In addition to this, members will have the ability to manage their own threads (edit/remove) once an item has sold.

Thanks @Pauls_Pythons , its a good point and its something I will have to keep an eye on. Without specifics, the site costs more than a couple of grand a year to run so every little bit helps.

An update on refunds, I have managed to do the past 6 months and have run into an issue with how paypal manages refunds which I will look into. Apologies for the delay to those affected, it will come through soon

I think a good idea I have seen is a lock,
I.E 100 NON Farmed posts
Or a fee to be a seller if you don’t have 100posts.

Sure this won’t keep them allaway, but it will dissuade most scammers as they have to pay money

Could also add a “vip”rank that costs money that can bump your post to the top permanently/sticky untill sold

Can someone please fill me in on the APS classifieds idea? Haven't heard of it until now. Just curious. But it sounds good!

Can someone please fill me in on the APS classifieds idea? Haven't heard of it until now. Just curious. But it sounds good!
I think Stuart has all the details covered in the first post.

I think Stuart has all the details covered in the first post.
So its pretty much just going to be an update to the marketplace? Sorry for the probably obvious question, just trying to understand this a bit better.

...I have decided that there is no longer a need to be a subscriber or power seller in order to advertise animals or items for sale.
... and then start on the process of refunding who has subscribed/upgraded their accounts Paypal payment for the past 12 months.

Hey Mate, I've just checked my PayPal account and the monies been reversed. I should have jumped on this as soon as I first seen the post.
I haven't and probably won't ever have anything to sell here and wasn't the reason I upgraded the account.
I appreciate the refund but the money went to a better cause.

Well i am more than happy to contribute to keeping this Forum ticking along. i might advertise some of my animals i might be moving on , so if that's case if there is to be a kitty fund i will donate some of my money from the sale to it as i wouldn't have been able to if the marketplace wasn't made free :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back