Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamGrace

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

so I have an 18 month old Darwin carpet, and he's really placid. When I go to feed him, he just kinda starts eating. He doesn't strike anymore, and sometimes doesn't even coil. Does this mean anything? Is it bad?

sam.

my spotty does the same, usually it just means that they probably wouldn't survive in the wild. If he is still feeding then you have nothing to worry about.

A lot of older snakes with placid temperaments tend to do this...

Usually means they are overfed and aren't that hungry to begin with.Try not feeding it for a month or so and see the difference.

psh my SWC is so lazy i open her enclosure to let her roam around or do what ever, 3 hrs later i go oh crap i left that open, go look and she just looks at me barely moved a muscle, not the first time its happened either

That's not a snake is it? Salt water croc? If I'm right, THAT'S AWESOME!! What sort of license do you need for them? Where do you get them?

That's not a snake is it? Salt water croc? If I'm right, THAT'S AWESOME!! What sort of license do you need for them? Where do you get them?

Guessing he means south western carpet.

Don't think salties are able to be kept in WA, but I know in Vic all it requires is an advanced license.

I wish Moose was a little more placid when it came to feeding time - he leaps so hard at the prey item that if i'm not quick enough in opening the enclosure to position the rat, he will strike and fly out of his enclosure, rat and all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back