Learners Test

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

naledge

Very Well-Known Member
Banned
Reaction score
Going for my L's (finally) next week.

I've been doing the sample test online a lot today, I get the give way questions right all the time but I think that's mainly because I've pretty much memorized them all, I don't think I fully understand it though. Getting one wrong means I fail and lose $40, so I wanna pass on my first go.

Anyone got some tips or info about giving way?

I suggest not doing it until you fully understand what everything is. talk to people who have recenly finished their p plates, they have some experience and they have recently been through the same tests that you are about to embark in.

always give way to your right, and always give way to on coming traffic if your coming off a side road/ramp if ya know what I mean...

In nsw they have a list of all the possible questions, i think there are about 300 of them. I just went through them and after that the test was simple.

i just did the online tests over and over until i knew every question but that was like 3 years ago so there was prob like 40 questions. there are heaps of handbooks that explain all the rules required to display in your P's test, they arnt awfully long and mostly just pictures. should be an online one on the website ur on as well. Learners tests is pretty easy, dont stress and just take your time.

if it's same as vic theres a poo of 320 questions (i think) and you get 32 of them. they are the same as the practice tests so as lon as you know the answers to them you're all good ;) worked for me :)

I just completed my "L"s test last week for my bike license. Honestly, it was very, very easy. Way easier than I expected. The questions are common sense and all multiple choice. The 'wrong' options are way wrong and the right answer is obvious.... you will wonder why you was worrying after the test is completed!

back when i got my learners i had read about 10 pages and gave up on it. my friend quizzed me on the way in on the train and sure enough all the stuff he asked me was on the actual test. if it weren't for him i would have failed it.

but dont do what i did. read up and if your getting all the questions right on the practice tests you should be all good

you are aloud to get upto 5 wrong, but u cant get any of the last 10 questions wrong otherwise u fail :)

Back when I did it, in SA, you began with 8 (or 7) Give way questions. In order to move onto the Multiple Choice questions, you must get all of them correct. Once completed, you had 42 multiple choice questions which were, essentially, common sense road rule questions along with sign understanding and road interpretation. In the multiple choice section, you were able to get a total of 10 wrong.

It may have changed, but that was how I did it.

The Victorian test is very simple, it all comes down to Common Sense.

In the test, i remembered situations that were similar to the question when i was in the car with mum and dad (that helped me).

Just give a wink if you have a rough idea and hope they are your type :lol:

Other than that use your computer skills to get the answers for all tests and you just have to pick the right one... (only if its legal and they still give out the answers to those that cant drive) :lol:

, I get the give way questions right all the time but I think that's mainly because I've pretty much memorized them all, I don't think I fully understand it though.

Good for you for knowing the difference between 'knowing the answers' and 'understanding the rules' its not like you can grab a book inthe middle of the road to find the answers you dont know,
As has been said, most of it is common sense. if you have ever walked or
or ridden a bicycle i would suggest you have actually put these theories into practise without realising it, eg, you look to the right when you cross the road, in case you get bowled over by a car. you are suffering nerves and that's not always a bad thing, at least you are not going in with a 'this is soooooo easy' attitude,

as the other guys have said, common sense, if you get a mental block think about what you would do if you were walking or riding a bike in the same situation,

and do me a favour, read up on the merging into the flow of traffic and who has the right of way and why, i've lost count of the number of times i've seen people do the wrong thing and almost cause accidents, oh, and roundabouts are another debate !

Good luck and let us know how when you pass..

Going for my L's (finally) next week.

I've been doing the sample test online a lot today, I get the give way questions right all the time but I think that's mainly because I've pretty much memorized them all, I don't think I fully understand it though. Getting one wrong means I fail and lose $40, so I wanna pass on my first go.

Anyone got some tips or info about giving way?

you fail if you get one wrong? wow thats tough, vic is easy all the questions are the same as online, i think only one of my friends got 100% :lol:

In NSW you fail if you get one of them wrong in one section, I think it's the road signs section.

It's pretty much all common sense/the safest option here.

one thing that people do and i suggest not too is cheat,i jumped in the car with my mate the other day and he seriously asked me who has right away,i jokingly said you now punch it and he did,haha..(we were supposed to wait but i thought he knew the rules and was joking)

just keep doing the tests until you get every single question right everytime
thats what i did
and i passed my L's the first time i sat for them with 100% correct
easy peasy

Just be confident. its easy as. you have nothing to worry about!.

Good for you for knowing the difference between 'knowing the answers' and 'understanding the rules' its not like you can grab a book inthe middle of the road to find the answers you dont know,
As has been said, most of it is common sense. if you have ever walked or
or ridden a bicycle i would suggest you have actually put these theories into practise without realising it, eg, you look to the right when you cross the road, in case you get bowled over by a car. you are suffering nerves and that's not always a bad thing, at least you are not going in with a 'this is soooooo easy' attitude,

as the other guys have said, common sense, if you get a mental block think about what you would do if you were walking or riding a bike in the same situation,

and do me a favour, read up on the merging into the flow of traffic and who has the right of way and why, i've lost count of the number of times i've seen people do the wrong thing and almost cause accidents, oh, and roundabouts are another debate !

Good luck and let us know how when you pass..

I didn't say it was a good thing, that's why I was asking for help. I don't like that I've memorized the ones online because it's only a sample of the real questions.

In S.A there's two parts, first is the Give Way questions, you're given a certain number of diagrams and you need to pick which car has to give way, that's what I'm having trouble with, if you get one wrong you fail. The second part is 52 multiple choice questions that all come down to common sense, I find that part pretty easy.

Haha okay I'll read that, luckily here we don't have large roundabouts or highways, it'd be terrible to learn to drive in a city imo.

Thanks for all the tips guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back