Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pic of the tiger and the burtons but I don't know if they are all yours well at least that's the case with the scorpion.

life complete <3
im gonna put a whole lot of invert shots up on here soon
bummer , i hate having to tilt my head to look at those invert shots , is it that hard to get them the right way up

- - - Updated - - -

life complete <3
im gonna put a whole lot of invert shots up on here soon
bummer , i hate having to tilt my head to look at those invert shots , is it that hard to get them the right way up ;);)

bull dust Richoman 3 you stole them from Nick Volpe from Flickr....

No worries richo I won't tell as long as you don't that Scott bloke I pinched his shots

asset.php

This is one of the best threads i've seen on here that hasn't been deleted.
Reptiles4me you want to get some Australian Reptile books to read they have more info then the ones you are showing, they have no info on keeping Australian reptiles, and you want to listen to some of the people on here they really now what there talking about. :)

Last edited:
The books that I showed you are not on keeping reptiles. They both have a mixture of native and nonnative reptiles and the small one is more of a guide and the big one is one gose through the basics+ on snakes ,crocodilians and lizards. I have read some books on australian reptiles and I am going to buy some books on keeping australian reptiles in captivity.

- - - Updated - - -

I know they know what they are talking about and I do listen I just need ,as snowman said, to work on my communication skills.

Reptiles4me so many people make the mistake of knowing to much and not listening! There are great people here with breeding knowledge that doesnt get there experiences by years but rather by results!
I know I read my books til the glue gives way but I still have so many questions and a lot have been answered for me hands on experience is the key but learn about what you have before moving on as it animals suffer by our mistakes.
I agree that owning reptiles are great but the best and utmos important part is learn and as I tell my daughter always listen never brag as you may just learn something that you will need later on.
Im not bragging just explain my personal opinion I have breed geckos for along time and I wouldn't be keeping or breeding legless lizards as I will leave that up to people that have more knowledge to get numbers up.
A lot understand what the age of 13 was ( sad was along time ago) and how frustrating that no one treats you like an adult but you have to earn this by changing your communication and thinking of you questions before posting will help you. Happy herping and the best of luck

Thanks hey by the way do you have any tips on breeding marbled velvet geckos or any geckos for that matter?

The books that I showed you are not on keeping reptiles. They both have a mixture of native and nonnative reptiles and the small one is more of a guide and the big one is one gose through the basics+ on snakes ,crocodilians and lizards. I have read some books on australian reptiles and I am going to buy some books on keeping australian reptiles in captivity.

- - - Updated - - -

I know they know what they are talking about and I do listen I just need ,as snowman said, to work on my communication skills.

Some help on your communication skills :) Your above post is a GREAT example of comments that aren't necessary - There's no need for you to make a spiel about the books, or defend them; they're just books and don't care. Simply take the advice on the chin and no comment was needed, or perhaps you could have said "Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting some additional books on Aus reptiles in captivity - what do you think of these titles? book a, book b, book c, etc (showing that you've taken the advice, considered it, researched it and validated the information provided looking for positive feedback)." or words to that effect.

I remember all the way back when I was about your age also wanting some legless lizards - they were more available back then (wild caught, no doubt, in hindsight). Thankfully, for the lizards, it did not eventuate... I have NO DOUBT now that I would have killed them...

Ok I just thought that Jason.s might like to know that's all sorry if I sounded like I didn't listen to him.

I love the books
1. keeping Australian geckos by Rob Porter
2. An introduction to keeping and breeding Australian reptiles by Mick Swan & Damian Goodall
I would recommend that you ask for these books for Xmas
I never went into Marbles, In saying that my setup consists of natural bark I will be cursed but I have calcium sand I change every six months on the ground. I change my feeds eg fed dusted gut loaded crickets, Woodies, meal worms and also catch blowies non sprayed. a wet spot and temps to suit the species, my milii live on coir peat as I live in hot, no humity area my p/platurus have a stone rock with lots of hides spray regularly in no way am I experienced and im still learning but I try to find things to make them happy and healthy and by reading those books and more will only help, and work out your climate location to their's. You will find that my setups may not work for you and this is why I say hands on learning helps and to master one species before tackling another, thats my opinion. Hope it helps

Another book option would be Danny Brown's new book on geckos and Pygopods. Definitely The most up to date book available at the moment.

If you really want to do some research on these critters from someone who has kept and bred most of the available species then that is what I would be getting.

- - - Updated - - -

Robs book is great and a good starter but a bit light on info IMO.

Another book option would be Danny Brown's new book on geckos and Pygopods. Definitely The most up to date book available at the moment.

That's on my wish list for Xmas? I believe it's fabulous book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back