Lego Vivarium with heat tile

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SKYWLKR

Reaction score
Had an idea to experiment with making a vivarium out of Lego bricks, as well as a heat 'tile'. Having researched the properties of ABS plastic, I reckon it could be done, even if nothing ends up being a permanent resident inside it. Stay tuned!

Someone on here tried that a few years ago, the pics that were posted looked pretty damn good, there was a discussion re the best glue to use if you wanted to make it a permanent structure and in the end Plumbers Cement (the blue 1) used very sparingly turned out to be the best but the structure had to be left to air for about 2 weeks to get rid of the fumes, The ABS plastic stayed structurally sound up 40 deg C but after this it started to lose some of it's rigidity, go for it but remember pics or it never happened. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling

I attempted to do it but I ran out of Lego blocks so I ended up just making my woma a house outh of it. Man that stuff is expensive these days!
If anyone has any spare I'd be happy to have it ;)

The house itself used one hundred and twenty something blocks where as the other thing has over 300

- - - Updated - - -

Someone on here tried that a few years ago, the pics that were posted looked pretty damn good, there was a discussion re the best glue to use if you wanted to make it a permanent structure and in the end Plumbers Cement (the blue 1) used very sparingly turned out to be the best but the structure had to be left to air for about 2 weeks to get rid of the fumes, The ABS plastic stayed structurally sound up 40 deg C but after this it started to lose some of it's rigidity, go for it but remember pics or it never happened. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling
That was probably me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 269
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 261
Interesting fact. The coloured Lego bricks have a temperature threshold of approximately 105°C whereas the clear Lego bricks are approx 140°C.

I have both so currently in planning stage for which piece goes where to provide best gradient.

Interesting fact. The coloured Lego bricks have a temperature threshold of approximately 105°C whereas the clear Lego bricks are approx 140°C.

I have both so currently in planning stage for which piece goes where to provide best gradient.
Good luck on getting enough pieces! I calculated that I'll need about another 1400 pieces to finish it and that box next to it in my picture cost sixty bucks but I only ended up getting one layer out of it :eek:

The best place to get bulk Lego is to haunt the charity shops and online auctions. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back