Leucistic Blue-tongue Skinks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
leucistic animals are pure white, void of all patterning
no luecism has varying degrees some may have slight patterning and others may have nothing it depends. but the main factor is how the animal was bred if you selectivly bred lighter and lighter animals you would probably end up with an established line of luecistic animals eventually.
the ones i have seen were a freak occurence from normal looking parents . some of the animals were pure white with a blue tongue and an almost blue eye. and some were as mentioned but with very faint orange banding.

no luecism has varying degrees some may have slight patterning and others may have nothing it depends. but the main factor is how the animal was bred if you selectivly bred lighter and lighter animals you would probably end up with an established line of luecistic animals eventually.
the ones i have seen were a freak occurence from normal looking parents . some of the animals were pure white with a blue tongue and an almost blue eye. and some were as mentioned but with very faint orange banding.

all the lucys ive seen are pure white. line bred for high white is not a lucy

all the lucys ive seen are pure white. line bred for high white is not a lucy
wrong the key to what i said was "eventually you could end up with luecistic animals" this may come about through the proccess of inbreeding that occurs when line breeding.

wrong the key to what i said was "eventually you could end up with luecistic animals" this may come about through the proccess of inbreeding that occurs when line breeding.

yes but you have the same chance of producing a leucie from 2 normal parents as you do from 2 line bred high white parents

google has more pics of lucys than anything else, not one has markings.
snow corns and not lucys but they are white and have faint markings.

white bluey's

l can back DABOOL up they exist alright and he's in the right area to have seen them....white with dark eyes....cheers solar 17

do you know if they just popped up in czptivity from normal parents or if the origanal leucies were WC like blondie?

Leuccies also have an alsmost transparent appearance to them.....they aren't just WHITE.....as stated, they are devoid of ALL pigment making them a pearlescent/transparent colour. I've seen some that almost have a sligth pinkish ting to them from the blood and vessels underneath.

Leuccies also have an alsmost transparent appearance to them.....they aren't just WHITE.....as stated, they are devoid of ALL pigment making them a pearlescent/transparent colour. I've seen some that almost have a sligth pinkish ting to them from the blood and vessels underneath.

Now that's what I'm looking for! Thanks Womanator.

Making more sense to me now.

So, are there TRUE leucys out there?

Thats the pupil Neil - it's always black because it is the view into the actual eyball.

Pure albinos with pink eyes and no colouration at all also have black pupils (although often very contracted because without colour in the iris the bright light tends to hurt their eyes).

:p

Hix

No, I'm wrong there, silly me.

Pure albinos with no pigment at all have red pupils because there is no pigment in the iris to cause the shadow.

However, the bluetongue in the photo is lacking melanin but still has pigment in the iris (red/brown - I presume erythrosine or something similar) which is causing the dark pupil.

Hix

not all luecistic animals are completely devoid of all pigment and all of the albino blueys i have seen have no black in their pupil s at all.

not all luecistic animals are completely devoid of all pigment and all of the albino blueys i have seen have no black in their pupil s at all.

i guess, piebald is a type of leucistic but generally they are lacking all pigment.

pie bald can be created from leucistic or albino parents. piebald is also what is known as a paradox albino which is a mixture of two different genetic codes when a het animal has off spring that were suposed to be twins and in the early stages of development the cells did not split properly.

pie bald can be created from leucistic or albino parents. piebald is also what is known as a paradox albino which is a mixture of two different genetic codes when a het animal has off spring that were suposed to be twins and in the early stages of development the cells did not split properly.

no, they are 2 different mutations. if its a paradox then the young will be either normal or albino(or one of what ever comination the paradox is). Piebald is a different mutation, its a form of leucism and is inheritable.

piebald is also what is known as a paradox albino which is a mixture of two different genetic codes when a het animal has off spring that were suposed to be twins and in the early stages of development the cells did not split properly.

Huh?

If the cells didn't split properly and separate, you get siamese twins, or conjoined twins. They don't resorb into each other and become one animal.

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back