levis levis colour change

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saintanger

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i have 3 levis levis and 2 do not change colour much except wen shedding but not even much then.

but i have a young one who is light coloured that turns white/ grey even wen not shedding. is that normal?

this one is of her looking really white
levis 003 (501x600).jpg

this is her wen she is darker
rep tank 008 (900x600).jpg
rep tank 027 (900x897) (700x698).jpg

and all 3 of them wen she looks darker
rep tank 012 (900x768).jpg

Just a pre shed colour,.....think you may want to up their feed,,,the tails are very thin.

i have only had them a couple of weeks and have been feeding them up. but she changes colour like that even wen not shedding (was told by previous owner) and wen i got her she had just shed so i doubt she is due.

She is in pre shed colours in the first picture. You can see by the wrinkled skin. Keep the cool end around/under hide damp. You probably won't find the skin as they eat it.

They go lighter at night but not that dramatic. She shed just before you got her says the previous owner?

So you haven't seen her shed? Can I ask who you got her off,...You can PM if you'd rather.

Last edited:
Smithers is correct. In the 1st picture she is just about to shed. The smooth knob tails eat their shed so you wouldn't have seen the evidence. He is also correct in saying that some of their tails are very thin. I would feed them every night.

she is back to normal colour and there is no shed skin in the enclosure, might of eaten it. i am feeding them every night on woodies and crickets dusted every second feed. i keep amyae, wheeleri, milli, leafies and bynoes so i did think they were a bit thin but put it down to them being babies.

smithers i will pm you who i got them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back