Lialis burtonis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dihsmaj

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Is it actually possible to feed these guys in Melbourne on a reasonable price range?
Around $100 for each skink meal, right?
And more for a gecko.

The pet skinks you get... I'm not sure where to buy feeder skinks.

Lol.
Don't think you can do that haha.
Your best bet is to go find them on your back fence.
Or find a Lialis burtonis that's feeding on pinkies.

We have just about NO skinks around here, although there was one at a school just up the road.

You cannot get feeder skinks in Vic, it's also illegal here to catch them from the wild :(
As Jannico said, get a Lialis burtonis that eats pinkies

As much as I will get flamed about this.
I don't think anyone will care if you catch a few garden skinks and keep them.
Just don't sell them.

Lol yeh I know but I still want them on a license :)

we just fed them woodies at the reptile park worked a treat (besides how tard and slow they were at catching them how the hell do they survive in the wild haha)

Your not allowed to feed them captive bred skinks or gecko's either, no licenced native species is allowed to be used as a food source for another native animal. eg: frogs or lizards to snakes or roo's to devils.

Burton's dont eat woodies, you must be thinking of another genus of pygos. I spoke to John W about feeding Burton's and we discussed tube feeding. I use that method.

Your not allowed to feed them captive bred skinks or gecko's either, no licenced native species is allowed to be used as a food source for another native animal. eg: frogs or lizards to snakes or roo's to devils.

What about unlicensed skinks and geckos??

The problem with skinks and geckos from the "garden" is the parasite and disease problems associated combined with confinement.
You also need to keep up a reasonable rate of supply.

Isnt it legal in vic to catch some skinks for feeders? I know its legal in QLD and NSW to use skinks as feeders, assumed it was the same in vic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back