Lialis burtonis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you sure? i could have sworn i was told it was, mayb it was vic then?

you sure? i could have sworn i was told it was, mayb it was vic then?
I think it might be Qld?

Plimpy, maybe try a beardy or bluetongue first, burton's aren't the best beginner reptiles.

I know they aren't the best, I assumed so due to the diet, and I had a blue-tongue (sort of want another), I was just asking about it.

We should be aloud to breed or catch Asian House Geckoes for live food, much better than feeding natives, although i don't think anyone would care to much if you fed a couple of garden skinks.

the only problem with all of this is they AHG and Skinks do carry lots of paracites that are harmfull to Burtons..

I wouldnt wast your time on a Burton,,, it will give you nothing but greif unless you choose the illigal feeding options,,
but it is hard work...

Mine love Asian house geckos
burtons1.jpg

burtons.jpg

The other thing with Asian House Gecko's is we should be trying to eradicate them from Australia.
As far as I know, they only reside on the east coast. I've had people ask me to ship some lives ones down, I could not do it.
Just thinking of escapees.

Mine love Asian house geckos

How do you feed them to your Burtons?
As in do you quarantine them for a certain amount of time or just chuck them in?
What do you do during the winter and do you have plans to wean them onto rodents?

What's the point of even having them on the list of legal animals if it's illegal to feed it?

It's not.
They are several skinks in QLD that you can use for feeders (gardens skinks), as said you can use AHG but it's risky same with wild skinks.
And I've seen a few people who have got them onto pinkies.

You could always buy/catch a skink and rub it all over a rats tail and feed that to the Burtons. I'm pretty sure there isn't a law against forcing a skink to pole-dance with a rats-tail.

Is it legal to take the tails of skinks and feed them (the tails) to the Burtoni in Vic?

you could use tails to scent pinkies, certainly don't think it's illegal as long as you say you didn't delibrately disturb them.

I think there would be an ethics issue.

You could always start farming skinks for their tails and try it out though.

If I farmed and froze skinks, then I should be able to feed them to it, right?

...I think that we have come to the conclusion that Burtons is the wrong the lizard for you.

If I farmed and froze skinks, then I should be able to feed them to it, right?

Its illegal to keep them without a permit in vic, its illegal to use animals on permit for feeders so no. As the others have said burtons is not right for you, in fact they are not right for alot of people because of their feeding habits. If you do want a Pygopod go with a Pygopus or Delma sp that naturally feeds on inverts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back