Liasis Enclosure Thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that mate, I hope your dog pulls through.

All the best.

Unfortunately the cancer has advanced quite thoroughly through her body before we have noticed so it's just a matter of long she can last before we have to euthanise.

Pretty slow progress these past weeks, here is an updated pic. Got some of the melamine floor in and supporting for the doors. They are being hinged off of 70x70mm pine posts. Does anyone have any advice as to what sort of heating I would use? Normally I would probably just got a large tile area for heating but he is a porky boy and needs to lose some pounds so I'm thinking of putting a proherp panel on the roof with a platform underneath so he has to climb up and down to thermoregulate. Thoughts? I am also going to be using a couple of downlights you get from bunnings for display light.

wyYn7Ca.jpg

Looking good mate, cant wait to see it all finished. Would love to build an enclosure this big but just dont have the room at the moment.

Rick

Update time:

ka1dHAO.jpg

Hood on, installing LED downlights, putty on screw/nails. My only concern is that the black paint I have used for the interior is oil-based, which I didn't notice. I will be sealing the entire thing with crommelins pond sealer. Will this matter?

Ventilation? I would run both heat cord under removable tiles and a heat panel. Lean off the snake if it's overweight by not feeding it. I have olives here that don't eat for 4- 5 months per year. Big meals 3 to 4 weeks apart. Much more like how wild olives feed.

cheers

Ventilation? I would run both heat cord under removable tiles and a heat panel. Lean off the snake if it's overweight by not feeding it. I have olives here that don't eat for 4- 5 months per year. Big meals 3 to 4 weeks apart. Much more like how wild olives feed.

cheers

Haven't cut holes in the side walls for ventilation yet. The hole in the side to the left is a viewing window. Will be large vents above that and vents on the other side down lower. I was thinking tile next to the viewing window, a basking panel up high in the center towards the back, and a cool hide on the ground on the right side.

Finished painting the whole thing and installing the display lighting this weekend. Next step is doing the doors and that will be all the hard work done. :) Got a few different angles for pictures this time. Very happy how it has come together.

FHdIhTl.jpg
db5Kq9d.jpg
uZGKnCx.jpg

Last edited:
As i've already said, epic. such a cool enclosure and an awesome display for your house. Cant wait to see it all finished.

What substrate are you thinking of using?

That looks amazing mate, very clean looking enclosure and the amount of effect put in really shows. Im sure your stoked with how its shaping up, were all hanging for more progress.

When can you come around and build me one? Lol

Rick

hey mate, its an awesome idea. just wondering how much it has cost you to make this cause i would love to do one in my house. Are you a chippy btw?

I'm in absolutely love with it mate, that's gotta be the most amazing looking enclosure I've ever seen, I can't wait till it's all up and running and I'm sure your olive will love it. Hope it all goes well for you mate :)

Good work mate. How much did the materials and paints sealers etc cost all up?

To all those asking how much this has cost, I haven't been tracking exact but I would easily be almost 1k out of pocket.

hey mate, its an awesome idea. just wondering how much it has cost you to make this cause i would love to do one in my house. Are you a chippy btw?

Aha no I'm not, but I've been taught a lot about woodwork from my dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back