Licence!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReptileRascals

Reaction score
I would like to get my class 2 catergory 1 licence ASAP.
To my knowledge I need signatures from 2 people that can attest to my ability with elapids etc. (Anyone willing to do me this favour lol)

Also I should be up to date with snake bite prevention etc (I think)
Does anyone know exactly what I have to do to apply for a class 2 cat 1 licence in NSW?????

Yeah, I have the downloaded PDF file but I am unsure what I have to do in regards to the snake bite treatment/awareness etc.I will ring NPWS tomoz but I am hoping someone might be able to fill me in briefly in the meantime.I am hoping I dont have to do a course or something on the subject as I wouldn't have a clue who runs that sort of training...

Give NPWS a call and request to speak directly to Jeff Hardy regarding your concerns.
I recently acquired my class 2 and found Jeff to be most helpful :)

ReptileRascals said:
Yeah, I have the downloaded PDF file but I am unsure what I have to do in regards to the snake bite treatment/awareness etc.I will ring NPWS tomoz but I am hoping someone might be able to fill me in briefly in the meantime.I am hoping I dont have to do a course or something on the subject as I wouldn't have a clue who runs that sort of training...

Hey John I have a few mates, Steve Brammall is one of them that do the venomous reptile training for metro and now wires. Was speaking to Andrew Melrose yesterday, I think for category two you only need the 2 references, a letter from yourself explaining why you would like to upgrade and proof that you have kept herps on license for 2 years. If its for the old category 2 (for red bellies etc) then you definately need to do the course and st johns.
cheers
meg
Just re-read your above post and I guess you are going for a category one, class 2, if this is so I will speak to steve and find out when they are doing their next course, I did the reptile one a few years back for wires but that was after I had joined and done the basic birds. Having gone out with someone that has kept vens for a number of years if you can prove similar experience or a course with an organisation they usually give you credit.

I just sent them a letter saying i wanted to ungrade, how long i had been licensed and what species i kept, included the money and got it back 2 weeks latter. Class 2 cat 1

Cheers Meg,
It is my cat 1 class 2 licence I am after.I was waiting till november when I did my reptile course for WIRES but the course closest to my area is now filled and I missed my spot :(
So I was hoping there would be something else I could do concerning upgrading my licence.

Edit:
I just called NPWS,all I need is 2 written references from keepers that have a venomous species licence.It is recommended to take the 1st aid and snake bite treatment/awareness courses but they are not compulsory.
So is anyone willing to give me a written reference?

Licence

Isn't that a class 2 in your hand Greebo?? :roll:

Well I applyed for the class 2 catergory 1 today.
Heres hoping it will be approved!

did you get the refrences or did you just send off for it like no-one?

Well I got word today that it was declined because I didn't give references (I tryed your approach noone but it didnt work for me lol).Now I can get a refund on the money I sent or I can send in the 2 references.sooooooo can anyone please help me out? it would be much appreciated and the favour will be returned someday somehow lol.

If I have class 2 RR i would recomend you, I hope that some of our members would be able to help.

do the references have to be from someone with a class 2??

Try contacting some of the herp societies-they may be able to help

Good Luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back