License question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by danyjv, Oct 6, 2018.

1. danyjv

danyjv Active Member

Hello all . I recently got my r2 license with strict instructions that I’m only allowed to by a r2 python as iv only ever had r1 pythons in my care. Does the same go with Colubridae and elapidae ? As in if I have r1 Colubridae when I get my r2 I can only buy r2 Colubridae not Elapidaes ? Hope I didn’t confuse any one and thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Bl69aze

Bl69aze Very Well-Known Member

You can only keep what you’ve owned.i.e if u kept monitors on r1 u can only keep monitors on r2

In nsw

3. danyjv

danyjv Active Member

Ok thanks . Bugger a few brown tree snakes poped up for sale but that’s not going to help me get to a red belly in the future. Lol
    I can see why people have reptiles not licenced , it’s a pain and it’s slow. ( IM NOT AT ALL SAYING THSTS THE RIGHT THING TO DO OR ADVISING PEOPLE TO DO ANY THING THATS Illegal) I guess procedures are there for a reason .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. dragonlover1

dragonlover1 Subscriber Subscriber

Unless they've changed the rules again,this is how it was when I got upgraded a few years ago.
    You needed to have kept similar creatures before the upgrade to buy the next level up,ie: eastern blue tongues to upgrade to northern or western BT's.
    Bearded dragons to upgrade to Boyds or Frillies etc.
    Since then I have also bought Lace Monitors despite never having owned monitors,although my son has a Gillens.
    I think if you're patient and get your R1 python and a R1 elapid or colubrid,wait a bit then buy your R2's.
    Wait 2 years get upgraded to R3 and then look for RBB's (which happen to be my favourite)and you'll be fine.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018