Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica85

Reaction score
im really new to owning snakes but i will let you know what happened. i got a snake 2 weeks ago from a reptile shop after getting it home i noticed it had mites so rang the shop and they told me to bring it back for treatment after that they gave me sprays to use in the enclosure which was repti-guard and also cabin spray top of decent, after using these i left th enclosure to air out which was what i was told to do. i then decided to get a different snake, which was a baby darwin carpet python, i got her home today put her in the enclosure which was around 4pm and now she is all limp, so i pulled evrything out and scrubbed out the enclosure with warm soapy water and she is still limp, she has fresh water and the temp in the enclosure is siting at around 28c-30c. i dont know what to do as there is nothing open where i live. what should i do?

no its not moving its does slightly when you touch it but other than that it doesn't and when u pick her up she just hags in your hand, it is warm in the enclosure, and she is warm the temp is currently at 29c. :(

Do you know how the shop treated the animal and what with?

Hope she's gonna be alright :(
There was a lady on here about a week ago with her snake dieing tragically, i don't want another sad ending to happen. Hopefully all the peoples good advice on hear can help u, and i wish u the best of luck xoxoxo

not sure all i know is it was something made up in a spray bottle

I don't think so, if shes now moving then she could possibly drown in the water, or accidently swallow it and choke, not a good idea :(

given that the animal is limp and not very responsive sounds like its maybe
poisoned

I think its probally best to take her to the vet ASAP. Things like this can get out of hand really quickly and this being your first snake, you may not know what your doing. I'm not saying that you have no idea about snakes but when it comes to things like this i go straight to the vet. I've been keeping bluey's almost all my life and when something bad happens i don't waste time i go straight to the vet, even in the end of the day, if its only something small, i don't mind the bill, but i know that anything can happen round the corner. :(

If it is poisoning and it is in a limp state now i would suggest that it may be
too late.
You need to find out what it was that was in the spray bottle that was used

theres no vets open near me now the ones that are dont deal with reptiles so theres not much i can do till the morning

Is there any vet near u that can at least help??? or if ur willing enough, and if i were u, travel to maybe an emergency vet that deals with all animals or a herp vet. If she is poisoned, i can tell u she wont last till morning, that would be too late, exspecially in the condidtion u have described.

where abouts are u in geelong?? im looking up a vet for u know that can help u???

pics of her wen i first got her home...

Attachments

• random 019.jpg
    random 019.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 194
  • random 018.jpg
    random 018.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 200
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back