light placement HELP!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jazii

Not so new Member
Reaction score
recently built 400mmLX400mmWX300mmT and now don't know where to put the light fitting, on the back wall or top wall, pros and cons of either would be great, at the moment im thinking back wall as the tanks are in a bank setup and share the floor/roof,

Have you got photos? What species is it for?
Placement will mostly depend on what sort of heat you want to produce and what sort of lights you will be using. E.g. If you want a basking spot with a spot lamp type set up then it would go best on the roof pointing down. Or if you want to just heat up the ambient air, you could put it on the wall and use a ceramic emitter.

I think if you put it on the roof it will help heat the enclosure above it and you can mount the fitting on the roof and run the wire along the inside of the roof to the back of the enclosure so there will be no problems stacking another enclosure on top of it. I'm not an expert but I've got a ready made enclosure thats built this way.

no picture I haven't been successful load them up here, but it is house redeyes in the top, and geckos and in the bottom 3, so 4 enclusures all up the geckos will either have uv(just for light) because as it stands the thanks temp is sitting at a happy 30, but having problems with large condensation problems atm and still working on it, the gecko one for example has 2 28mm wide circle vent at the cold side up high, one 10cm from back wall, one 10cm from front wall, there is 2inch of sand on the bottom, then a sheet of glass that sits on 2cm supports and a heat cord under that the sand is currently sitting at 33 degrees and about 26 on the cold side still toying with he cord to get a constant temp as it ranges from 36-28 also any tips on reducing condensation??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back