Lightning destroyed my playstation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragondragon

Reaction score
So last night in the thunderstorm in sydney i had the pleasure of my house being struck by lightning well my satellite for foxtel and internet. So now i'm looking around seeing if there was any fires cause i could smell smoke turns out it went through the coaxial cable from the antenna to the wall and caught fire.Iit wasn't really a big fire i just blew it out but just to be safe i called the fire brigade they came checked and had a look around and everything was fine. So now i got to my bedroom to play some playstation and i noticed it was turned off i tried to turn it back on but it just flashed green and turned off my tv was also off so it turns out that from it being hit and going through the coaxial it then went threw the 20 meter ethernet cord to my playstation then from the hdmi cable to my tv so now i got no tv ps3 internet lucky there is still power and lucky i finished work at 10 instead of 12 cause the lightning stuck around 11:30pm i'm so glad i was home cause i would of lost all my herps so i don't really mind paying for a tv and playstation cause even money couldn't replace them.

Bugger mate, I know that feeling and its a damned expensive lesson.

Its the reason most my equipment isn't plugged in unless I'm using it during the wet season. Upside to that though is I get to side outside with a beer and watch the NTs fantastic storms roll through.

Yeah i wouldn't of even thought to disconnect the internet from the wall i might just disconnect everything and to top it off my computer stopped working today so now it feels like i'm living in the 1800s that would be nice no light pollution like sydney up there

Just to put things into perspective, i was listening to Macca on Australia All Over and some guy was complaining about a dent in his car from a hail stone. Meanwhile the equivelent of half the population of Australia have lost their homes in the Phillipines! I suspect a fair few reptiles may have been washed out to sea as well.

Don't panic , go to your backdoor take a step OUTSIDE and play LIFE !!!!!!!:lol:

Yes my son has spent most of this weekend playing GTA5 :(

And he wonders why I will not take him for a driving lesson !!!!

cheers for the heads up , never thought about lighting doing that , i was playing in the middle of a thunder storm yesterday

Yes my son has spent most of this weekend playing GTA5 :(

And he wonders why I will not take him for a driving lesson !!!!
dont be too hard on him , gta5 is like a black hole , once youve been sucked in its very hard to escape again

cheers for the heads up , never thought about lighting doing that , i was playing in the middle of a thunder storm yesterday

dont be too hard on him , gta5 is like a black hole , once youve been sucked in its very hard to escape again

I am not too bad , but he thinks he can drive on the road like he does in the game :lol:

No i was planing on getting some but i just forgot about it my house is pretty safe from theft turns out not safe from lightning im going to call around on monday to find some insurance

Dont really need an excuse i was getting one at the start of next year anyway but i just bought all these games so i cant even play them

You can get surge arrestors from Bunnings for pretty cheap. I'm sure someone will say that they don't work very well, but I got them after a storm blew my motherboard and GPU and haven't had anything happen since (touch wood).

Just to put things into perspective, i was listening to Macca on Australia All Over and some guy was complaining about a dent in his car from a hail stone. Meanwhile the equivelent of half the population of Australia have lost their homes in the Phillipines! I suspect a fair few reptiles may have been washed out to sea as well.
The first thing people think when it starts hailing is "oh s**t my car... Well insurance will cover that... what about when you have turtles surface basking in a pond that get hit by Hail?? Insurance doesn't cover this... This Southern snapper has taken a direct hit to the carapace from a golf ball sized hail stone travelling at something like 300ft/second. That's testament to the structual integrity of a turtle's shell.
Resized_20171226_152233_2235-1.jpeg

499.jpg

Wow, poor turtle. how deep is that "dint"?

That was lucky for that turtle

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back