Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzieimages

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone
My wife 'Georgia' and I are off to Lightning Ridge next week, just wondered what can I expect to find in the way of reptiles out that way this time of year??

Any advice would be appreciated..

Thanks Baz :D :D :D

we found out there the following in the way of snakes and lizards, it was fairly cold when we went, the place is surrounded by bush wont be hard to find stuff.

Gehyra variegata
Heteronotia binoei
Tiliqua Rugosa
Morethia boulengeri
Cryptoblepharus carnabyi (escaped before I could get photos
Varanus Gouldii (escaped down a hole before I could get photos)
suta suta
Green tree frogs

My father was an opal miner at the 'Ridge for the last 20 years of his life and he is even buried over there. I can honestly say that in all the the times I have stayed there I had NEVER even seen a snake, don't even remember seeing a lizard and that was before the town became built out. Dad's camp was out near the cemetery.
I suppose if you work on it you may find some reptiles.

Anyway I hope you enjoy your trip, I loved it over there.

Thanks Ryan
I am only an old photographer, could you please give me some common names for these reptiles, the only one I got was the frogs??

Baz :) :) :)

Thanks Ryan and anntay, thats exactly what we intended to do, night drive that is, I bought two good torches today so we can have a scuttle around in the bush also.

Baz

Never know what you will find flippin tin, I found some very old tin pieces yesterday in some bush I had not been in befor and found two big Centerpedes, also a baby Lacie about half a meter long in a tree.

You would think there would be lots of old junk out that way for reps to hide under, I'm looking forward to getting there.

Baz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back