Little Desert & Grampians

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PythonOwner25

Reaction score
Hey all, went out west for a few days, spending two days at the Little Desert and one at the Grampians. The weather was looking very overcast and freezing cold when I arrived at Little Desert. Nothing was basking and flipping only revealed a Shingeback, an Obscure Skink and a Marbled Gecko. Although there was one species in the area I hadn't seen yet and really wanted to find! Spadefoot Toads. And a huge black cloud forming on Tuesday evening was exactly what I was hoping for as it hadn't rained there for months. It poured with rain so I grabbed the camera and a torch and headed for the sand dunes! The weather at the Grampians was also shocking, freezing and constantly raining...but it did lead me to find another new species of frog for me. The Southern Smooth Froglet which were calling in the rain.

Enjoy the Photos.

Little Desert, Victoria. by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Shingleback (Tiliqua rugosa) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Shingleback (Tiliqua rugosa) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Obscure Skink (Morethia obscura) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Marbled Gecko (Christinus marmoratus) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Mallee Spadefoot Toad (Neobatrachus pictus) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Mallee Spadefoot Toad (Neobatrachus pictus) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Eastern Banjo Frog (Limnodynastes dumerili) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Southern Smooth Froglet (Geocrinia laevis) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Southern Smooth Froglet (Geocrinia laevis) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr

Shingleback looks healthy :) I'd love to get out and do some field herping when I get a camera.

Nice post man, some cool frog finds there, I'd take a Geocrinia or Neobatrachus over any of those silly big green frog things any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back