little franklin is going green

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morelia_man

Reaction score
hey everyone,
i dont know if this is the right forum to put this in, but i saw another post on turtles (Turtles and heat issues) so i thought it should be ok.
my lil northern long neck turtle named franklin is starting to get some alge growth on his back (shell). i am %99 that it isn't a health issue, but just to make sure i thought i would ask u guys.
it makes the setup look a lil more realistic in my opinion, but if i could be a problem, what can i do to get rid of it??

thanks a bunch

They all have algae in the wild.Its not a problem but if you prefer them to keep clean shell simply scrub them with a brush.

yes and no CC. IMO the algae can interfere with the shed process in small turtles especially. I have my adult male who came out of brumation last season with a fur coat on and no amount of brushing, scrubbing etc has been able to remove it so far! Know anyone with a sandblaster I could borrow? Hmmm maybe an angle grinder would help.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back