Little Scorpion (U. yaschenkoi?)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say it is a U. macrurus and I think she is ready to shed.
also if she has been buried for so long she would have a hell of an apatite and has pigged out tremendously.
and if she was that fat and pregnant here babies would be visible through here skin on here under belly

No babies visible and she hasn't eaten in ages! Like months and months.
She's sealed up in a urine sample jar with a cm or so of cocopeat/sand... hoping to keep her there til her shed.
Atfer that is she right to be kept on a false bottom open air system of 50:50 cocopeat:sand?

No offence or anything, but it looks like a overgrown tick
That shows I dont kno much about scorps

No, it's burrow has been sealed up for at least 3 months! Porbably more! Could she be infested with worms or something?

As for keeping, is what I said above OK for her to be kept on?

it is definitely starting ecdysis and should be kept in humid air tight jar , i havent seen them that fat before with out pigging out on crickets

Hopefully it works out well then. It's sitting in a jar at the moment.

yea even with no food they can still get quite large. Manicatus dont burrow they dig scrapes under a rock or other similar item so i would say not manicatus. To me it looks to dark for macrurus but colors are not a reliable identification feature so i'd say either macrurus or another related desert scorp. Definatly not gravid, only species that is that small full grown in the urodaucs genus would be U. armatus. Make sure you have moist sand in the jar with it. 3% water will do for the ecdysis chamber.

It is on moist sand/cocopeat mix. It definitel burrows. In it's tank it burrowed straight down to the glass.
Must say I prefer the scrape-dwellers. More surface active.

PS looking for a male elongatus!

scrape dwellers are not always surface active, manicatus certainly isnt.

Fair enough... my elongatus has been out every night since I've had him. At the moment he's sitting atop his rock. I've already seen it more than I ever saw any of my yaschenkoi so I guess I was just generalising!!

Looks like elongatus are my favourite hahaha.

Does anyone keep (or have) Urodacus spinatus?

shouldnt be too long now.could raising the temperature a bit help with moulting

I've put it back in it's tank, because the urine sample jar was smelling like mold... It's burrowed all the way down to the pebbles (the false bottom layer of the false bottom system... will it drown?!)

not if you add water to it LOL..personally i would have left it in the container

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back