Lizard identification

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

biomass

Reaction score
Hi, i took this picture a couple of years ago near Brisbane,could someone help identify it please,just curious to what species it is.

vanuatuoz095.jpg

Thanks
John

Thanks for that,its a pretty looking dragon and have been meaning to find out what it was for ages.

male ewd

Hi there..a Male eastern water dragon....cheers solar 17 [Baden]

did I not give enough informative ID?....biomass it is male due to the redness colouration you can see around its chest area ...its scientific name is phsignathus lesueurii gets to around 245mm ....

did I not give enough informative ID?....biomass it is male due to the redness colouration you can see around its chest area ...its scientific name is phsignathus lesueurii gets to around 245mm ....

Well I for one thought you meant a Chinese Water Dragon...and was wondering what it was doing in Brisbane?? ;)

Cheers all, yeah i gathered it was an australian water dragon, strange though as it wasn't really near any water but if i remember rightly there was a long drought at the time so hardly surprising there was little water around.

Biomass I had faith in you ,I knew you thought it was an "aussle species" ...after all there isnt a 'BRISBANE' in China now :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back