Lizard in Longreach QLD

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ironized

Not so new Member
Reaction score

Hey, found this little guy literally on my back step. He's become a bit of a regular out at night though is there in the morning.

I agree with it being Amphibolurus bursi, Burns' dragon. Due to the body shape and patterning. Bruns dragons are not the only Amphibolurus in the Longreach area. Amphibolurus gilberti gilbert's dragon is also found in the Longreach area. This lizard has too small of a head and to much patterning for it to be a gilbert's.
http://arod.com.au/arod/reptilia/Squamata/Agamidae/Amphibolurus/gilberti
Cheers Cameron

I'd like to sees close up of the scales on the hips to exclude centralis

I hadn't considered A. centralis, as it's out of range according to Cogger's distribution map. It's worth considering though, due to the similarity of these two species.
How does hip scalation distinguish between these two species Scott?
@ironized, can you take close-up photos of the hips and post them up?

I have more photos when I get home, if that fail s I'll attempt to get more tonight.

Thanks mate. I'm guessing that Scott wants to look at whether or not the scales are heterogenous or homogenous or some such other fine detail, so it's critical that the scales in the pic are in focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back