Lizard Language??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Already_Gone

Reaction score
I was just watching my beardies on my desk and they are mucking around together!! How can you tell who is the boss from the head bobs and arm waves... I think Mr Lizard is being pussy whipped by his female counterpart, Mrs Lizard!!! Her head bobs are so fast, she looks like she is having a fit... when he goes somewhere she will run up and hop on his back... is it time for the birds and the bees talk??

erm, maybe mrs is mr and mr is mrs?

could be wrong but watching popp's jackies mate, the males went nuts with head bobbing n tail whipping while females just raised their heads slowly

cheers
pom

Yup I think old STP may be right here. It sounds exactly like the behaviour from my mating Beardies in the past. Maybe re-check their sexes?

lol... they are too young to know about that sort of stuff!!! arent they?? Damn it... everything I name with gender specific names turn out to be the other way around!! eg. I have rosie girl who is a boy!! I am just confused now because Mr Lizard has always been the boss!!

heeheh dont worry about it i have a male coastal called Urkle, another male called Matron and a female called warney....i thought i had a trio, but ah well

What do you reckon the chances of these 2 getting along in the same enclosure??? I'm not very good with sexing them but from what I can tell (and suspected earlier) from down below, they are 2 blokes... it's ok, I have an open mind... can lizards be gay??

pmsl, erm...dunno, wouldnt have a clue as regards keeping them together but have heard stories of toes n tails going missing :S i`m sure someone else with know though :)

cheers
Pom

from what i have read about some monitors (eg. ackies) young ones try and copulate with the same sex, male with male, female with female. But this "habit" is sposed to grow out when growing. sounds real weird aye..........

im not sure if its the same with most lizards such as beardies. as stp said someone will know the ansswer hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back