Lizard shedding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar's

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Found this in my backyard would just like to know what it is.....

5da05bab57417c6b8a9ed91444db7dcf.jpg

d46c0d9cd434ad8ef9a195039a74b960.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
@Foozil is on the money, that's a water dragon shed. I've visited Tweed heads, they are everywhere

Everywhere!!
All the way up the gold coast too..
[doublepost=1516532058,1516531481][/doublepost]Found this one in a garage at work(big estate construction site)
Close to 3km from the nearest creek, bush or even blade of grass. Downed tools, picked him up, jumped in the car and drove it offsite and found a nice watering hole with some greenery.
Hopefully be able to establish a new home quick enough
dragon1512x2016.jpg
[doublepost=1516533397][/doublepost]

Everywhere!!
[doublepost=1516532058,1516531481][/doublepost]Found this one in a garage at work(big estate construction site)
Close to 3km from the nearest creek, bush or even blade of grass. Downed tools, picked him up, jumped in the car and drove it offsite and found a nice watering hole with some greenery.
View attachment 322882
Nice work Manning. Just to let you know though, I am confident that what you moved was a hatchie Bearded Dragon and not an Eastern Water Dragon. Well done for stopping work to make sure it was safe.

Everywhere!!
View attachment 322882
Cute little guy. Already been said but well done for moving it to a new home.

@MANNING At least now you know why it was so far away from water. At that size, these guys have to disperse outside their parents territory in order to have a chance of surviving. You have quite possibly done it big favour and given it a fighting chance. So your good intentions were certainly not in vain. Well done!

@Foozil Well done. You peggec it first up.

Haha yeah. Sorry for the confusion but thanks for the correction. Not great on the ids but I knew the beardo
Just had to sneak the little one in;).
dragon31377x2448.jpgHere is one of our families "free range" backyard pets
[doublepost=1516538429,1516537565][/doublepost]
@MANNING At least now you know why it was so far away from water. At that size, these guys have to disperse outside their parents territory in order to have a chance of surviving. You have quite possibly done it big favour and given it a fighting chance. So your good intentions were certainly not in vain. Well done!

Thanks alot @Bluetongue1 . I didn't know about the parents being so territorial. Either way, in my eyes, his chances of surviving where he was weren't that great(being nothing for a few kms all around). I thought I found him a decent home with some bush and alot closer to water and therefore hopefully a good food supply:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back