Lizard species that go well in groups?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel994

Reaction score
Hi, i was just wondering if the are any species of lizards that go well together in 3 or more?

any help would be good thanks!

​Gidgee skinks from what I have read like to live in family groups.

Thanks for that.
Does anyone know of any "Dragon's" that can be kept together in a group.

water dragons with just one male in group, jackies, eastern beared dragons, mountain drgaons

most are best off with 1 male in the group.

I've personally kept 4 + blue tongue's, bearded dragons, water dragons, jacky dragons etc...males / females they've all been fine together . Just monitor them closely

any egernia species are very good together
or even dragons, just watch it if you have 2 males, sometimes they fight, but not always. ive had 2 male netteds together for over 2 years now by themselves and they never fight

As we speak we r keeping 5 x Central Netted Dragons together......3 x males and 2 x females. See pics.

All co-habitate well together....

20130311_170342.jpg20130324_104701.jpg20130324_104713.jpg

Last edited:
Great enclosure Reptalica, is that 2 MVB's you are running in there for your UV/light/heat and to give extra basking areas to avoid competition?

I have kept a dozen or so Tawny Dragons (Ctenophorus decresii) of mixed gender together in a small outdoor pit without any aggression.

Blue

Off topic but if anyone could give me a idea of what the minimum size enclosure would be for an adult Eastern Water Dragon,
that would be great.
Thanks

Great enclosure Reptalica, is that 2 MVB's you are running in there for your UV/light/heat and to give extra basking areas to avoid competition?

BJD = No....I am running 1 x Mega Ray 160 watt Mercury Vapour Bulb and the one furtherest away is a 150 watt spot light, par 38 for heat. Given the size of the enclosure extensive heat and UV is important, especially for Central Netted's. :)

Correct me if I am wrong but one looks like a UVB compact fluro and the other is a basking light?

GJ = As per my reply to BJD, the light closest to the camera or one on the left is a 160 watt Megaray Mercury Vapour Bulb and the one on the right is a 150 watt spot light/heat lamp, par 38.

The Zoo Med dome certainly casts the UV quite wide and they all get a decent dose throughout the day.

At the moment lights come on at 7.30 and go off around 6.30pm. Will shorten the day to around 10 hours when winter hits.

Thanks for the info, she who must be obeyed saw some netteds on Totally Wild on the tv the other day and went " They are really cute, can you have those?" so who knows what future purchases I can get away with. A display enclosure like that one with a trio would be a great addition to the menagerie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back