lizards

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakegirlie

Reaction score
hi i was looking and getting some sort of lizard, the biggest tank size i can get is a 3x18x18 what lizards do you guys suggest. nothing to difficult as this will be my first time owning any reptile.

Geckos would be your best option, most dragons would require more room, and skinks and monitors grow too large.

Geckos would be great for that size! Although I disagree with Pinefamily, if you tip that enclosure so it's longer, it will fit a pair of the smaller species of skink such as L.guichenoti etc etc though some of those can be difficult to track down if you don't know where to ask. I'm not 100% sure on this but as is standing up, a E.striolata might work as well, but I'm unfamiliar with the correct sizing requirements of E.striolata. Btw if you can get one of those large shallow Sistema containers from woolworths or nay grocery shop and put 4 holes in each end on oppiset sides, that will fit a single terrestrial gecko such as N.levis and U.milli quite nicely.

Last edited:
Geckos would be great for that size! Although I disagree with Pinefamily, if you tip that enclosure so it's longer, it will fit a pair of the smaller species of skink such as L.guichenoti etc etc though some of those can be difficult to track down if you don't know where to ask. I'm not 100% sure on this but as is standing up, a E.striolata might work as well, but I'm unfamiliar with the correct sizing requirements of E.striolata. Btw if you can get one of those large shallow Sistema containers from woolworths or nay grocery shop and put 4 holes in each end on oppiset sides, that will fit a single terrestrial gecko such as N.levis and U.milli quite nicely.

hey sorry what do you mean by tip?

I mean instead of standing it up, lie it down on its back so it's longer then it is high.

I would suggest a pygmy bearded dragon. They are easy to care for and very personable

yes i was looking into the pygmy bearded dragons i think i might go with one of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back