Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordanmulder

Reaction score
Some reptiles from around Newcastle and the hunter region. I don't like a lot of these photo's so excuse them I will eventually get some better shots of these reptiles... In addition to the species I have presented in this post I have also seen quite a few skinks... I haven't taken the time to photograph them mainly because I don't have a macro lens when I get one I will make an effort to find and photograph them.

Delma plebia by Jordan_Mulder, on Flickr

Delma plebia by Jordan_Mulder, on Flickr

Anomalopus leuckartii by Jordan_Mulder, on Flickr

Anomalopus leuckartii by Jordan_Mulder, on Flickr

Underwoodisaurus milli by Jordan_Mulder, on Flickr

Yes this adult doesn't have a tail... Sadly these shots are a bit noisy for my liking.

This was a very big orange-ish looking one!

Lialis burtonis by Jordan_Mulder, on Flickr

Pygopus lepidopodus by Jordan_Mulder, on Flickr

now for some snakes...

Morelia spilota spilota by Jordan_Mulder, on Flickr

Cacophis squamulosus by Jordan_Mulder, on Flickr

Cryptophis nigrescens by Jordan_Mulder, on Flickr

Cryptophis nigrescens by Jordan_Mulder, on Flickr

And last bun not least my favourite find :)

Acanthophis antarcticus by Jordan_Mulder, on Flickr

Awesome! Can you come to Perth and teach me to use a camera!
Nice finds too!!!

Agreed, really good pics, and some nice finds. And if I had found all those, my favourite would also be the grey adder, even though we get adders over here but not some of the others.

Cheers,
S

Thanks guys! Snowman, I actually may be coming to perth sometime and I'm defiantly gonna want to do some herping! ;)

Thos photos are amazing! You have to enter some of those into the APS calender comp this year! :D Heck, you should just make your own calender! I'd buy it ^_^

man i wouldn't be doubting any of your photos, all of them look awesome !! some of the best photos i've seen on here! what camera and lense are you using mate?

man i wouldn't be doubting any of your photos, all of them look awesome !! some of the best photos i've seen on here! what camera and lense are you using mate?
I'm using a cannon eos 60d and 24-105L lens. It's a good all round purpose lens But I would in no way recommend it for reptiles... it's ok for slightly larger reptiles like the adder and even the golden crown snake but it's hopeless when it comes to skinks and frogs ect..

I'm using a cannon eos 60d and 24-105L lens. It's a good all round purpose lens But I would in no way recommend it for reptiles... it's ok for slightly larger reptiles like the adder and even the golden crown snake but it's hopeless when it comes to skinks and frogs ect..

thanks for that mate im looking in to getting a nikon D3100 twin lense kit(18-55mm & 70-300mm) when i get the coin. what would be the recomended all round good lense for reptiles?

go for a macro lens... I've heard lots of good things about the tamron 90mm macro and it's quite cheap compared to other macro lenses and from what I've seen it's worth it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back