Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they have the reputation for being a little bad tempered, NOT ALL, before i get my head bitten off by others, beautiful colours though, gotta take the good with the bad sometimes,
If he's thinking of another snake, maybe think of getting "Mr sneaky" probed to find out what sex it is, and then buy a partner, in a few years you can have lots of little snakes wandering the house LOL

That is a good idea too, apart from the wandering round the house bit! LOL! Once was scary enough.
We have been looking through the for sales on here. It is amazing some of the beautiful colours and patterns that you can get. I am quite enjoying looking now that I am over the fear of snakes bit. :lol: It is so hard to decide. But when we go looking we will make sure we follow the same advice from everyone here that we did for Mr Sneaky.
I know that we are looking for something with nice colours and bigger than our first purchase.

cant go past a jungle. my male and female are my favourite specie i own.
male was extremly snappy when young , female was a angel. i rarely handle them, and over time my male has become quite placid and female still hasnt bitten, and they are both around 2-2.5 years old. u can get some amazing colours and it will all depend on what u want to pay for them. jungles have a reputation for being bitey, but i think thats crap. all snakes have the abilty to bite. people say carpets and bredli are great for not biting, ha, both of my pairs of carpets and bredli hav inflicted some of my worse bites to date. lol.
in my opionion. get a jungle, gorgeous colours, they dont get to big, and even if they do turn out a tad bitey they are still easily managable. good look with it all.
cheers
mel

I think you should keep the snake in a click clack setup ..till it gets bigger ..saves the heartbreak of losing it ..there are setups ..step by step on this APS ..and would in all honesty do that ...but it is up to you in the end ...nice pressie for your little girl ..:)

if you haven't already, check in the wiki at the top of page, look under FAQ and it will give you a list of common species and the average adult size, might be helpful in determining which path you go, I like window shopping, its fun and CHEAP

For what it's worth, my son is 14 and got a pair of Jungles about 18 months ago, and they are his pride and joy.
I had heard they could be a bit snappy, but that hasn't been our experience at all. They are beautiful, curious, and placid.
He also got his first snake at 11. He didn't even have to talk me into it. His father was a bit worried that he would lose interest quickly, but not a chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back