Looking for a Certain Type of Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That B&W diamond python pic looks edited from colour to monochrome - I've never seen a B&W diamond python that has no trace of any other pigments. And even the light play on the scales is colourless...

Fair point- what a bother photoshop can be when you’re looking for the true colour of an animal!

In saying that I have seen some footage (I’ll see if I can find it...) of a similar animal to the one pictured. From what I could tell it was pretty convincing black and white.
I’ve also seen a wild one in my area which was also pretty similar in terms of colouration (in saying that I only got a brief glimpse in the dark with a flashlight before he disappeared into the roof!)

Your requirements are fairly specific and I'm going to be a little forward and ask why?

That B&W diamond python pic looks edited from colour to monochrome - I've never seen a B&W diamond python that has no trace of any other pigments. And even the light play on the scales is colourless... Some pitch black snakes are:

I have seen clean B&W Diamonds, and a couple that are what I class as high white. Owners wouldn't part with the buggers though.
That pic looks ok to me.....maybe its just me being such a trusting & personable guy lol

That B&W diamond python pic looks edited from colour to monochrome - I've never seen a B&W diamond python that has no trace of any other pigments. And even the light play on the scales is colourless...

It does look like a monochrome photograph. Even if the animal truly is "black and white" there will always be colour present simply by the reflecting light. Here's an example.

zeldablacknwhiteseriesaps.jpg
My having a go at black and white photography. Not sure if I like the outcome, but it does look interesting. There's no trace of colour at all.

greycoil1aps1.jpg
A coloured photograph of a "black and white" snake. You can see the rainbow sheen. The shadows are blue hued. The highlights are yellow, reflecting off the grass in the afternoon sun.

Fair point- what a bother photoshop can be when you’re looking for the true colour of an animal!

Sometimes cameras cannot capture real life colour. Photoshop can correct this. It's not always bad.

What sort of price do people charge for the tigers and axanthics in the US?
Here in the states people will pay between 7,000.00 to 10,000.00 depending on age, bloodlines and quality for axlanthic. There is only one breeder I know of (does not mean he is the only one) breeding tigers. I have not seen prices posted anywhere. He posts pictures and sells them. I have spoken to a guy that bought a bhp that was het for tiger and he said the snake was around 5,000.00 if I remember correctly.
The tiger gene is an incomplete dominant so it kind of works like dominant/recessive genes.

Last edited:
well i already know why you're asking about the black snake, by your description it was obvious, a kingsnake. Not just any kingsnake, a mexican black kingsnake. A gorgeous Exotic colubrid, for sure.

mexican-black-kingsnake-pair-591c12a72fee8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back