Looking for a Certain Type of Snake

Discussion in 'Australian Snakes' started by ashikaiyo, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Buggster

Buggster Well-Known Member

Fair point- what a bother photoshop can be when you’re looking for the true colour of an animal!

In saying that I have seen some footage (I’ll see if I can find it...) of a similar animal to the one pictured. From what I could tell it was pretty convincing black and white.
    I’ve also seen a wild one in my area which was also pretty similar in terms of colouration (in saying that I only got a brief glimpse in the dark with a flashlight before he disappeared into the roof!)

SpottedPythons likes this.
  2. SpottedPythons

SpottedPythons Well-Known Member

I've seen B&W diamonds... was just kinda shocked by the colouration of that photo!

Buggster likes this.
  3. Wally

Wally Subscriber Subscriber Power Seller

Your requirements are fairly specific and I'm going to be a little forward and ask why?

4. Pauls_Pythons

Pauls_Pythons Subscriber Subscriber Power Seller

I have seen clean B&W Diamonds, and a couple that are what I class as high white. Owners wouldn't part with the buggers though.
    That pic looks ok to me.....maybe its just me being such a trusting & personable guy lol

vampstorso likes this.
  5. Nero Egernia

Nero Egernia Subscriber Subscriber

It does look like a monochrome photograph. Even if the animal truly is "black and white" there will always be colour present simply by the reflecting light. Here's an example.

zeldablacknwhiteseriesaps.jpg
    My having a go at black and white photography. Not sure if I like the outcome, but it does look interesting. There's no trace of colour at all.

greycoil1aps1.jpg
    A coloured photograph of a "black and white" snake. You can see the rainbow sheen. The shadows are blue hued. The highlights are yellow, reflecting off the grass in the afternoon sun.

Sometimes cameras cannot capture real life colour. Photoshop can correct this. It's not always bad.

6. Derpdiggler

Derpdiggler Not so new Member

Here in the states people will pay between 7,000.00 to 10,000.00 depending on age, bloodlines and quality for axlanthic. There is only one breeder I know of (does not mean he is the only one) breeding tigers. I have not seen prices posted anywhere. He posts pictures and sells them. I have spoken to a guy that bought a bhp that was het for tiger and he said the snake was around 5,000.00 if I remember correctly.
    The tiger gene is an incomplete dominant so it kind of works like dominant/recessive genes.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  7. Imported_tuatara

Imported_tuatara Well-Known Member

well i already know why you're asking about the black snake, by your description it was obvious, a kingsnake. Not just any kingsnake, a mexican black kingsnake. A gorgeous Exotic colubrid, for sure.

mexican-black-kingsnake-pair-591c12a72fee8.jpg