Looking for Herp Field Trip Advice in Cairns area.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogdoc

Reaction score
I have just found your Forum and hope you can provide some assistance. I am a veterinarian in the Southeastern USA with a professional and personal interest in reptiles.
We are returning to Australia in June 2017, and will travel to Cairns and Broome, then drive to Darwin and fly back to Cairns. I am interested in a field trip opportunity to observe some native reptile species, probably in the Cairns area.
My preference would be a day trip in likely habitats with an opportunity to observe/photograph native species with someone with local knowledge who could assist in identification and interpretation. We may hire a private guide as part of a wildlife tour, but might also have an opportunity in connection with the Cape York Herp Society.
I would appreciate any appropriate advice or recommendations on opportunities or locations... I realize that this is your cool season and the numbers of specimens may be more limited, but with the time constraints of work and family travel it is what it is. (Our last trip to the area was also in your winter, but we did have some random encounters with several species even then, so hopefully things will work out.)
Regards,
Bert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back