Looking for various Invertebrates

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RezonantVoid

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm an avid reptile/invert keeper but been moving more into inverts lately. I'm looking to buy any urodacus species of scorpion (i already have manicatus and yaschenkoi though and can get elongatus easily), maybe some of experienced keeper ones like salt lake and spider hunting scorpions, centipedes (scolipendra and/or ethmostigmus), and id kill for some trapdoor spiders (misgolas, most noteably a Misgolas Rapax male). Mostly just arachnids. Anyone selling some or know where to get some of these? any help wud be fantastic

What are the laws for collecting and posting these critters these days? I'm in Qld I think they banned collecting and selling some critters without permits and stuff. I often see lots of cool critters, but not interested in doing anything slightly dodgy.

What are the laws for collecting and posting these critters these days? I'm in Qld I think they banned collecting and selling some critters without permits and stuff. I often see lots of cool critters, but not interested in doing anything slightly dodgy.
I probably should have elaborated, i meant if anyone knew a store where i could get them. But in the case of wild capture, i would only do it with species that are dime and dozen where u get them from, or if they are at risk of being killed anyway. My trapdoors are from a jobsite where the yard was about to get dug up and turfed over with grass, so i got some from there before that happened. All in all though, i would discourage wild capture and selling
[doublepost=1519457716,1519457601][/doublepost]
I probably should have elaborated, i meant if anyone knew a store where i could get them. But in the case of wild capture, i would only do it with species that are dime and dozen where u get them from, or if they are at risk of being killed anyway. My trapdoors are from a jobsite where the yard was about to get dug up and turfed over with grass, so i got some from there before that happened. All in all though, i would discourage wild capture and selling
Also From NSW here and regarding posting i have been able to get all sorts of stuff shipped without any issues or permits

Try the green scorpion mate. I've not personally dealt with them but I've heard plenty of good things.
http://www.thegreenscorpion.com.au/showcats.toy?aid=44068
All my T's and trapdoors came from a breeder on the gold coast who frequently comes to Toowoomba.
Thx, I used to use TGS a bit, but i think they kinda shut down or something, almost everything other than the common stuff has been sold out for several years. But im definitely interested in this breeder, im visiting toowoomba in the next few months so im sure i could organise something

Thx, I used to use TGS a bit, but i think they kinda shut down or something, almost everything other than the common stuff has been sold out for several years. But im definitely interested in this breeder, im visiting toowoomba in the next few months so im sure i could organise something
I've sent you a pm.

Have you had any luck yet? I’m chasing a Urodacus yaschenkoi and I’m also after Phlogius Tarantulas.

I’ve also used The Green Scorpion years ago but it seems they went out of business

Theres a guy on gumtree I just got some phlogius slings off- strennus, Goliath and blue leg. He also does selenotypus slings too I think. As for Urodacus sp. I found this place called Kellyville pets, they stock elongatus, manicatus, amartus, and liocheles. They ship in record time but are a bit expensive. They don't have any Yaschenkoi tho but I bought mine off someone local. I might see if he could send you one depending on your location but beware they are a pain to keep happy
[doublepost=1520067941,1520067750][/doublepost]https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cai...scorpions-for-sale-tarantulas-too-/1167304053 if you put this in your search bar that's the tarantula guy

All in all though, i would discourage wild capture and selling

I think it is a excellent idea. You can easily take what the capitive market wants without causing any negative impact in most situations.

I think it is a excellent idea. You can easily take what the capitive market wants without causing any negative impact in most situations.
The only one i wud accept wild capture and selling from my list would be a male Misgolas Rapax trapdoor. The location of the colony i rescued my females from is well out of their known territory and after 10 hours combined searching i couldn't find any males. I hear they are everywhere around Sydney though and people commonly mistake wandering males for Sydney funnelwebs. Something common like that i would be fine with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back