Lost, escapee

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first snake used to get out when she was a hatchy through the glass sliding doors of her 1ft viv...Everytime Id find her in my dressing gown pocket...soo cute

So so glad you found him/her

I am soooo happy you found him....I thought I'd lost Whisper the other day, talk about Heart failure.... she wasnt in her hide and I couldnt see her anywhere, she was flattened out under some paper towel LOL sneaky wench.....

Just leave it in its enclosure to feed, There is no benifit in feeding it in a seperate tub!

till I get the heat sorted in the enclosure Ive built (air temp drops as low as 15C at night) keep a eye out I'll post my progress on that soon.
click clack is slithers regal's home for the moment and I dont want to have him get bitty every time I open it

That's awesome news. It's been fun reading about everyone's escapes, too. My little Stimmie escaped when he was a yearling, when I hadn't had him for long. I spent 6 hours tearing my room apart and found him in a drawer he literally shouldn't have been able ot get into. Still don't know how he did it. They're very resourceful. I'm glad you found him!

I had been following this thread as well and am so glad to hear that you found him. I feed mine in their enclosures and don't have any problem with them. They know when it's feed time, as opposed to handling time. I use feeding tongs at feed time, open the door and offer the food straight away, whereas when they come out I generally use a hook- there's no smell of food, so everything is okay.

I thought I'd lost Whisper the other day, talk about Heart failure.... she wasnt in her hide and I couldnt see her anywhere, she was flattened out under some paper towel LOL sneaky wench.....

My stimmie did this once when she was very little. Gave me palpitations.

That's awesome news. It's been fun reading about everyone's escapes, too.

It's only fun when they're found. I hate the ones where the reptile never turns up again. Glad to hear you found yours safe and sound, porks.

My Spotted Mac has escaped! I went away for a week, and the family thought he was in there. Alas, so no idea when he went walk about. I am hoping he is somewhere in the house still. Will try the hot water bottle thing tonight!

My Stimson has learnt to burrow/tunnel through his aspen snake bedding. A few weeks ago I searched his enclosure everywhere thinking he had got out. I looked a bit closer and saw a tail sticking out of the aspen at one end of the enclosure, and his head at the other. He must think he's a woma..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back